Tuesday 2 January 2018

I Miss You, Yarn Along!





Last week, I wrote and posted my Yarn Along post as usual. It was titled 'Yarn Along - The One With No Knitting. But I did not know that it would also be the 'One With No Yarn Along!'
I had not seen this post by Ginny, bidding farewell to Yarn Along.


I have loved Yarn Along since it began in 2010. In fact, Yarn Along is directly responsible for my decision to start a blog. I enjoyed the posts so much - and knitting and reading are so much a part of my everyday life - that I wanted to join in too. My first Yarn Along post was in February 2012.


I will so miss seeing everyone's projects (so I can add them to my Ravelry wish list) and reading (so I can add them to my library list!).
I am thinking I may just have to continue Yarning Along on a Wednesday anyway.


What about you, fellow Yarn Alongers? Are you feeling similarly bereft? Or am I just being slightly pathetic and needy?!


Too much, do you think?!


Now, I wrote the above post back last year when Yarn Along was leaving us (sob!) and for some reason, I never posted it.


But imagine my joy when I just clicked on over to Small Things and saw a little heading above the Yarn Along button saying 'Returning January 3rd!'
Can this be true?! Will my beloved Yarn Along be back tomorrow?!


I cannot wait to see if this is really happening!
Better start looking through my knitting projects and seeing what is worth posting.
Am I excited? Just a smidge!!





8 comments:

  1. I actually "met" you at a yarn along which is how became a follower. Sadly I haven't joined in for awhile as I don't read as much as I used to. Hopefully I will improve on that this year. Best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you back at Yarn Along too! I have 'met' so many lovely people online. Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to visit all the people we have met?!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a Happy New Year Jayne! Its nice to see you back.

    I hope for your sake that the yarn along is back for you today. I can tell you really enjoy participating.

    God Bless,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tania. It is great to be back, finally! Yarn Along is great fun.

      Delete
  3. How nice you can "yarn along" with the other ladies. May you have a wonderful new filled with many creative pursuits. I always enjoy seeing what woolly pretties you are knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yarn Along is great fun! I hope to get lots of knitting (and other crafts) done this year.

      Delete
  4. I miss the yarn along too, great that it is returning for a once a month get together. Have you come across Frontier Dream's keep calm and craft on Tuesday or As Kat knit's unraveled Wednesdays, just in case you need more temptation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Frontier Dreams - one of the first blogs I ever came across. But I haven't been there for a while. I will have to take a look at Unraveled Wednesdays as well.

      Delete