Friday 6 March 2020

Independence Days Challenge


When I was maintaining my blog more regularly, it was a great motivation to actual achieve my plans. It acted as a to do list and a place to check in and see how I was going. So I am hoping to bring back some of that motivation by reviving another of my old challenges, the Independence Days Challenge.

This is from the book by Sharyn Astyk, Independence Days: A Guide To Sustainable Food Storage and Preservation which I noticed is unfortunately out of print.

In the book, there are eight Independence Day challenges to follow, which will aid you in your journey towards food security and self-sufficiency, as far as you want to go. 

You can read about them in my original post on this challenge here.

I am hoping this will really kickstart me again. I have been doing some food gardening, but nowhere near as much as I would like. 

So each Friday will now become Independence Days once again! And we will see how much I can achieve with a bit more motivation to have something to show on the blog!

This is a great article summing up the basics of food self-sufficiency and what you should grow for maximum results. 


A Working Pantry is a great blog all about, you guessed it, setting up and maintaining a pantry. Plus there are other great tips as well. 

I will see you next Friday for the first 'proper' post in the new Independence Days Challenge! 



No comments:

Post a Comment