Monday 10 August 2020

Who Was Born In 1932?

I have been neglecting my blog for a week or two as we have had a few things happening.

I have decided that I will be knitting the 'Diamonds Are Trumps' jumper but have not been able to commence knitting yet. I am still waiting for the yarn I ordered - the mail is definitely taking longer due to that which shall not be named as well as many online companies being inundated with orders.

So while we are waiting for the knitting to begin, let's take another look at 1932 with who was born in 1932.

From the movies (just for fun, I'll add my favourite movie for each one):

Elizabeth Taylor - National Velvet

Omar Sharif - Doctor Zhivago

Anthony Perkins - On The Beach

Peter O'Toole - How To Steal A Million - he also holds the record for the most Academy Award nominations for acting without a win - eight! 

Ellen Burstyn - How To Make An American Quilt


Now on to singers - and favourite song!

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue

Patsy Cline - Crazy

Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter

Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway

Little Richard - Tutti Frutti


And some others:

John Williams - surely the most prolific movie composer 

Sylvia Plath - poet

Quentin Blake - cartoonist/illustrator

Dian Fossey - zoologist


I hope to be back next week with some 1932 knitting! 





4 comments:

  1. I hope your wool arrives soon. The pattern you have chosen is lovely - way too complex a knitting project for my skill level :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks more complicated than it is. It is a repetitive pattern once you get the colour changes happening.

      Delete
  2. It was fun looking back at all those faces. Lots of talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is! I have been humming songs all morning!

      Delete