Friday 31 October 2014

A New Start


I have not been blogging for a while as my life has been taking a new direction. Unasked for by me, I must say, but still I have to adjust to it.

My hubby has never really been completely onboard with homeschooling; he doesn't really 'get it'. And at the beginning of this year, it all came to a head and the short story is that my boys are now attending school. I am coming to grips with it, but it will never be a decision that makes me happy. 

So now my life is moving in other directions. I spend a lot of time at the school, in the classrooms, library, veggie garden - we are now constructing a new sensory garden.

We are also moving house, into a much smaller house than our current one, which will be a challenge.

Hence the title of this post. I will admit to being a challenge junkie, you know the ones I mean. And I have all the best intentions to follow the daily/weekly schedule and transform my 'house, cooking, garden, whatever'. And I do read them, but not necessarily follow them! 

So I am issuing a challenge to myself. And I am calling it Make It Pretty, Make It Count. 

I want to be able to have somewhere pretty to display all my trios and other china, roses from the garden, embroidered linens. I want everything to have a place and actually be there - which, with three small boys, will be a challenge all on its own! I want to be able to look around my home and smile contentedly, rather than sigh and think about what needs to be done. I want to have time to go on picnics and sit with a cup of tea.

So every week I am going to introduce a new little bit of pretty somewhere, even if it just a teeny, tiny smidge of a thing. And slowly, slowly, something lovely will emerge. 

This week's little bit of pretty is the changes to my blog, thanks to the wonderful images at Free Pretty Things For You. Just through this beautiful site, you would find enough images to last a lifetime of blogging.

So let's start now!





No comments:

Post a Comment