Sunday 1 April 2018

Knitted Birthday Gift

It was my little granddaughter's 2nd birthday yesterday and of course, some knitted gifts were in order!

I recently borrowed Mini Knitted Woodland by Sachiyo Ishii from the library. Oh, the cuteness!








I am totally in love with this toadstool cottage - obviously! And will definitely need to knit one for my desk.

I added a pebble to the base of the stalk so it would stand up (which my son kindly painted red to match, even though it wouldn't be seen).

And a gnome to match. My daughter pointed out that the scale doesn't seem to be quite right, if this is meant to be the gnome's home! Oh well, still cute.

I am working on the forest floor still. So many green squares to knit! I'll share that next week hopefully.

I also knitted some cupcakes to go with the teaset she was being given, using the No Calorie Knitted Cupcake pattern, a free pattern on Ravelry.



I really love knitting toys and fun things like these, so it is great to have someone to gift them to.

I have also been working on an Ode To Doris, another free pattern on Ravelry. I have knitted this one a few times as it makes a great newborn baby gift.



I love my DPNs when working in the round, although I have just started using circulars as well. Maybe it is my old-fashioned streak that makes me want to stick with DPNs. Although one of my knitting goals for this year is to give magic loop a try. 
Which do you prefer?

Another of my knitting goals for this year is to make a dent in my sock yarn and sock yarn minis collection. I subscribed to Knitcrate a while ago and have collected my own crates of yarn.


I have my eye on a few patterns for the minis - possibly Free The Minis by Amy Meeks or Land of Sweets by Helen Stewart. Has anyone knitted either of these or have any other suggestions for minis?

I have also been busily dyeing lots of yarn - it is so much fun and so addictive!





I have so many ideas for colours I would like to try. The shop is getting fuller every week!

Linking today with Rainbow Hare's Wool on Sundays - a woolly link up on the first Sunday of each month.
I would love to hear what woolly things you are all up to this week.



6 comments:

  1. I love your toadstool and the gnome - I'm sure he is magic and shrinks himself to go in when he wants to. Also the cup cakes. Adorable knits. And I'm very impressed with your dyeing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with all those gorgeous colours. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toadstool is adorable, happy birthday to your granddaughter. Love ode to Doris, will have to add that of my list of baby to knits to make, have several friends expecting babies this year, so happily collecting new patterns. Loving your wool, the colours are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects...the toadstool house is so cute and the gnome is a perfect size, as aren't they magical or something so they can be a bit big for their house?? Lol
    I like that knitted cupcake...might be just what I'm looking for. I appreciate the links to Ravelry in your post too. Those skeins of yarn are real eye candy for a knitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That toadstool is perfectly adorable, and I have a serious case of yarn envy after seeing all of those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 2yrs already. The knits are so cute. My Nana and Gran not only knitted garments for all my kids when they were alive but knitted toys galore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy, chúng tôi cung cấp máy photocopy ricoh, toshiba, canon, sharp, đặc biệt chúng tôi có cung cấp máy photocopy màu uy tín, giá rẻ nhất.

    ReplyDelete