Wednesday 16 September 2020

Not Much Knitting - But A New Shop!

Joining in today with As Kat Knits for Unraveled Wednesday and all the knitting (see below!) and reading. 

 Unfortunately there has been next to no knitting happening in my life at the moment due to a bad case of tennis elbow. I remember Andrea at Fruity Knitting podcast had this problem a while ago and had to take a complete break from knitting. Reluctant as I was to undertake such drastic action (no knitting, what?!), I decided to just do it. I have not knitted for a week and believe me, that is unheard of, but it seems to be doing the trick. Hopefully I will be able to pick the needles up again in a few days. 

So what to do while I cannot click those needles? Why, open a new Etsy shop, of course!!


This has been on my plans list for a long time as I wanted to offer some of my vintage hand knitted items for sale. Then I had a brainwave. I have been creating PDF downloadable files for a friend of mine to use in her business and I often purchase PDFs of vintage knitting patterns. Why not combine the two? So I have been happily scanning away, making some of the patterns in my extensive collection available.

I have tried to scan ones that are not currently available, so hopefully vintage knitters will find some hidden treasures in my collection.

I have opened my shop with three patterns, which I have for sale for the princely sum of about 10c each. This is as a special offer as I am asking any lovely knitters out there (or just lovely people in general!) who would like to purchase a pattern and give me some feedback. I have never sold digital downloads before and would love to hear if people are happy with the patterns. The PDFs all look fine on my computer and print fine on my printer so I have my fingers crossed that the same will be true for any purchasers. 

These are the three patterns I have up for sale, so if any of them catch your fancy, I would greatly appreciated any feedback. And you will have a lovely pattern to knit! 




I have always wanted to attempt a knitted dress and I have many gorgeous vintage patterns for them. A huge time investment though! 

Oh, and here is the link to my new shop! You can find me on Etsy at Dorothy Jayne Vintage. Any help greatly appreciated! 

I will be adding new patterns at the weekend, when my self-imposed trial is over. I am also planning on selling some of my paper patterns as I have some double ups. And hand knitted items made to vintage patterns, so the non-knitters can still enjoy some vintage knitting. 

Reading has gone the same way as my knitting for the moment! I have been reading Planetfall by Emma Newman for over a week, which is a long time for me to get through a book.


I am really enjoying it - a very different approach to space colonisation. I wasn't expecting what has happened so far. It certainly makes me want to continue with the series.

Hopefully you have been knitting more than me - I will be back next week with some actual progress! 






4 comments:

  1. What a great diversion for you as you rest your tennis elbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope your shop does well!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am certainly in need of some extra income at the moment, so I am praying.

      Delete