Sunday 18 October 2020

Diamonds Really Are Forever!

 


Literally forever! 

Although I am enjoying working on this jumper, I;m sure we would all like to see a new Stitchcraft project soon! 

But there is progress to report. The front and back are completed. I will block them while I knit the sleeves and hopefully there will be at least one sleeve next week as well.


And look at this! I picked up Bestway Fair Isle Designs on eBay, a pattern book from the 1940s. 

I will have plenty of yarn left over so I can match a whole matchy matchy set, if I feel so inclined! 


I have knitted exactly one pair of gloves before, many years ago. I wouldn't mind giving them another go. 

Have a lovely week!


2 comments:

  1. Well, so far it is looking good. Sometimes things seem to take just ages and all of a sudden: it's done! Finished.
    I think the hat would look great with the sweater. At a jaunty angle and all that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly knew how to wear hats back then! Very stylish!

      Delete