Saturday 24 October 2020

My Favourite Free Sock Knitting Patterns

 


It is that time of year again - the time when our thoughts start to veer towards all things Christmas!

And for handcrafters, our thoughts tend to head towards the making of gifts. 

I personally enjoy receiving practical gifts that are beautiful or cute as well as useful. 

And if you are a knitter, there will be a sock design to suit every member of your family and circle of friends. 

So I thought I would collect some of my favourites here. All of the patterns are available for free through Ravelry. I will add that I have not knit all the patterns personally but they are certainly all in my queue in the hope that I wil get to them one day! 


Winter's Frost by This Handmade Life


A lovely, delicate lace pattern for a ladies' sock.
This Handmade Life has quite a few free sock patterns so definitely take a look at them all.


Oma's Sokken by The Kitchen Sink Shop



This pattern comes in adult sizes small, medium and large, so would be perfect for the men in your life.


Margaritaville by Adrienne Fong


This pattern makes me think of mermaids! 


Coffee Cantata by Caoua Coffee


I think this pattern is not for the fainthearted! But if you love texture and are up for a challenge, give it a try.


Call Them Cherry Blossoms by Tiina Kuu


Such pretty stranded colourwork!


Baby Mitten Socks by Barbara Prime


What can we say except adorable?! Newborn knits are just the cutest. Make some in Christmas colours for the new baby in the family.


Epresso Shot Shortie Socks by Cheryl Ham


Shortie socks always come in handy. With the added bonus that they make for quick gift knitting! 

Fox Isle Socks by Life Is Cozy 


How cute are these foxy socks?! 


Craggy Shore by The Blue Mouse


A fairly simple pattern with enough extra fointerest


My Own Personal Flurry by Anna Lange


I have always loved snowmen so these are perfect for winter/Christmas! 



I have only shared ten patterns with you - believe me there are literally hundreds and thousands more to discover on Ravelry! I have searched for some of the less knitted patterns - let's get them circulating so these lovely patterns wll be knitted more!  

I am always astounded by the amazing talent on Ravelry. And more patterns are added every day! Enough patterns to keep us all knitting 24 hours a day for years! 

Comment below with your favurite free sock pattern. I can always do with some more for my Rav queue! Have you knitted any of these patterns? Let me knoif you do - I'd love to see! 

Happy knitting! 

2 comments:

  1. I have never knitted socks, but would love to, one day. Any one of those pair of socks would be welcome in my Christmas stocking. Love those mermaid ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I have not knitted as many pairs as I would like as there are so many wonderful patterns!

      Delete