Monday 2 March 2015

Meal Planning For The Busy Times


Welcome to autumn to all of us in the Southern Hemisphere!



And of course, welcome to spring for all you Northern Hemisphere dwellers!



Although I'm sure lots of you are still living with the snow for a while yet.




It will be a busy week this week, so I am trying to keep the meal plan basic. No trying out new recipes this week! 


Monday - Chicken Wraps
Tuesday - Lentil and Vegetable Soup, bread rolls, Apple crumble
Wednesday - Lasagne
Thursday - Roast chicken, veggies
Friday - Angus sausages, green salad, potato salad, coleslaw
Saturday - Homemade pizza
Sunday - Spaghetti bolognaise

This is my meal plan when I don't have time to do a meal plan! No recipes to follow as they are the meals I make all the time. 
I'd love to hear what your quick and simple meals are. Do you have some go-to recipes that you can make in your sleep?



When I goggled 'quick and easy meals', quite a few lists came up.

7 Quick and Easy Meals at The Peaceful Mom

10 Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures

10 Easy Meals For When You Forget To Plan Dinner at The Keeper Of The Home

Quick and Easy Meals Round-Up at Pint-Sized Treasures

11 Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes at I'm An Organising Junkie

And mustn't forget dessert! Yum!

Quick and Easy Desserts at Snack Works




Linking my not very exciting meal plan today with I'm An Organising Junkie for Menu Plan Monday and Darling Downs Diaries for Good Morning Mondays.












6 comments:

  1. We love this recipe for quick dinner. http://what2cook.net/2014/01/08/oven-roasted-smoked-sausage-and-potatoes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that does sound delicious! Even though they are a bit 'kiddie', I do love good sausages!

      Delete
  2. Happy autumn! I am eagerly awaiting spring now because although it's not good crafting weather, it's great gardening weather and I'm itching for growing things!
    I used to participate in that same linkup years ago, when we were first married, so almost 10 years ago. I didn't even realize it was still happening, what a fun blast from the past. Some of my favorite go-to meals are baked potatoes with a variety of toppings, homemade pizza, these sloppy joes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/skinny-sloppy-joes.html , and beans and rice with taco toppings. Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are setting up all our new veggie gardens, so at least we will have autumn/winter forall that work! Nearly time for me to plant daffodils which I love too.
    I will have to try your sloppy joes recipe as I have never had them before. Baked potatoes are a great standby meal - I forgot them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy week but still sounds like a good food week. My go to meals are really anything with mince and pasta or lasagna. I am now making sour dough pasta so I have to be a bit more organised with that but it is still very quick and easy. Have a great week Jayne and enjoy the lovely autumn weather. Thanks for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sour dough pasta sounds interesting - I don't think I have ever seen a recipe for that. I love sour dough bread, must getting another one started now we are heading into soup weather!

      Delete