Monday 10 October 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Joining in today with Happy Homemaker Monday at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.



 

On The Weather Front

Rainy, haily, windy, wet! Spring has given us a little peep for a day or two, but the weather remains firmly wintry.

Reading

The Search (Lancaster Country Secrets Book 3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher. I love my Amish fiction.

Watching

Just finished watching Brooklyn. One of those slow moving, but lovely movies that I adore and hubby cannot stand!


I'm Hoping

I am hoping to set up some small business plans that will let me still be a SAHM, even after my last child starts school next year. I am dreading the possibility that hubby will want me to go back to work in an office as I will have 'nothing' to do at home and that is what all the other mothers do. 


I'm Learning

All about doTerra essential oils. I am slowly building up my collection and cannot believe how amazing they are. I would love to study aromatherapy next year. 

Crafting

Not a huge amount at the moment. Thinking of Christmas gifts though.
I am knitting this Alan Dart garden gnome.




I've only knitted one and a half boots so far!




Grateful For

My garden and that hubby has organised the fencing, so the new chicken pen will be built, the orchard will be fenced off and can be planted and we can get some more sheep.

Dreaming Of

How much will get done once above new fencing is completed!
Maybe the Taj Mahal of chicken pens could be built.




Favourite Photo



All my ranunculas in bloom - so pretty! I love them so much I have just pre-ordered 600 more to plant next season.


Devotionals, Scripture, Key Verses

This verse is always on my mind. Whenever I feel life is not going the way I want, I pray this verse and try to let go and give the reins to God. Very hard for me, I must say, which I guess is why I am constantly praying this verse!


Wishing you all a lovely week.

 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. I am at home at present and not wanting to return to work. I also am at a quandary at what I can do at home 'as work' rather than return to a 'nice little office job' as my mother put it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole family as well! Not sure why an office job is considered so much more 'valuable' than work at home. Hoping you find something that you love as well. Life is too short!

      Delete
  2. Why not think of becoming a Doterra consultant and earn/supplement your income?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely one of the plans! Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. I hope that your business plan comes together and that you are able to stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Brooklyn! I thought about it for days after watching it :) Suzanne Woods Fisher is also a favorite of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't she just the most gorgeous actress? I am planning on reading Suzanne Woods Fisher's Amish non-fiction books soon too.

      Delete
  5. Love that verse! I hope you are able to stay a SAHM. I went back to being a SAHM after returning to work when my son started pre-k (he is 13 now)I thought for sure I would not be needed at home since my children are both teens but boy It's been two years and there is always something to do. I especially like that now I can focus on projects and things like meal planning where as when I worked those things got pushed to the back burner because of time restraints. Your flowers are so beautiful! I hope your business plans work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am hoping will be noticed - that even though I don't 'work', there are lots of things that I do that would probably not get done any more.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I too love that verse Jayne. The verse sustained me during my chemo treatment a couple of years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does the same for me - although I haven't had anything terrible happen to me like that. Hope you are feeling well now.

      Delete