Friday 9 March 2018

Maybe The Last of the Hot Weather and Some Exciting News!

Look at yesterday's blue sky! And today is just as sunny.



So I am taking advantage of the warm weather to do some dyeing. 
Lots of soft and fluffy yarn bases arrived in the mail (although I am still waiting on some gorgeous sparkly sock) and they were just dying to be dyed!



I just have so many colours that I want to experiment with - I would need hundreds of skeins!

These are some of yesterday's colours - lots of variations on the same colourway here (which I call Fairy Wings - more info to come), so not all that interesting. But I cannot wait to skein them and see how they look.



I am doing lots of tonals today, most of them brighter than these ones.

I have been getting in some knitting as well, while watching my podcasts. Sleep - who needs it?!

I have made Ode to Doris by Kelly Brooker of PekaPeka Design Studios before. It is a lovely, simple pattern that looks gorgeous. I am making it this time in my new Fairy Wings colourway, which I think is knitting up quite well.





I have called it Doris Has Fairy Wings in my Ravelry projects.

And my favourite of the week!
I have been watching a new podcast (new to me, it has been around for a few years) and I am working my way through all the episodes. That is my OCD nature - I have to watch in order from oldest to newest, not just dip in here and there. It will take a while!

It is called Give Me A Crown by Niina and you can find the Youtube channel here.

But the best thing is Niina has an Etsy shop, where you can find the most gorgeous knitting or crochet project bags. I love them as they have snap fasteners - I find yarn always gets caught in zippers - so you can snap the fasteners shut with the yarn in the bag and it will feed through the gaps. 

And Niina had two toadstool bags in her shop! Did I have to have them?! Of course! 
I am using straight needles for my Doris project and they fit in the bigger bag (which is called a 3 skein project bag). The smaller bag is a sock knitting bag.

And look at the pretty packaging. 



Even a tea bag for a knitting treat.



How did Niina know my taste? 
Peppermint, Liquorice and Lemon Balm - yum!

We went to the ice cream shop in town after dinner a few days ago, as we must be nearing the end of the warm weather, and just because.
The man in front of us ordered two scoops, one Peppermint, one Liquorice. It made me think yum, I'm going to try that. Everyone else in the family made gross faces at each other!

And now for the bags!




They are so beautifully made, the fabric is so soft. And toadstools!

I have some more bags on order from some fabrics that are so divine - cannot wait to show you those too!

I am hoping to order a bag for a special giveaway as well, to celebrate the opening of my Etsy shop.
Yes, I have finally done it! There are only a few items in there at the moment. I needed to open the shop to get the web address so I could print it on my labels and you had to add an item to open it. 
But I am dyeing away and will have an official shop update on Friday 16th March. 

My shop is on Etsy here. I would love it if you had a look! I don't have international shipping on there, but if any of my blogging friends were interested in anything, I would be more than happy to work out a postage quote for you special people!

I have also set up a Facebook page, for anyone who uses that. I will be using this for previews of new stock, competitions, giveaways and the like. And this is a great place to share any items made using my yarn. Like me on Facebook here!

I am very excited to be starting this new venture and just wanted to thank all you lovelies who read my blog and comment - I so appreciate it.




6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, Jayne on the opening of your little shop. Your hand dyed wool is beautiful. I am loving the Doris has Fairy Wings, wool. It is so lovely and soft looking. Those bags were meant to find their way to you...so cute. I look forward to seeing what other beautiful coloured wools you dream up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is so much fun, planning colours. I just hope people like them!

      Delete
  2. All this dyeing is very exciting. You are getting some lovely colours. And I love the idea of Liquorice ice cream - I didn't even know it was invented! I just visited your etsy shop. It looks great. I hope you make lots of sales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janine, for visiting and liking my shop - I really appreciate it. You will have to look for Liquorice ice cream, it is yum. I've never seen it in the supermarket though - probably not enough demand for it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, wishing you every success with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete