Monday 13 March 2017

Menu Plan Monday

Joining with I'm An Organising Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.




Time to get back to organised menu plans, after the bliss of the holidays and just winging it. It is taking me way too long to settle back into a routine!
This cartoon pretty much explains how menu planning has gone for the last six weeks (and first month of the new school year!).




This week I am using a number of free magazines that the supermarkets issue.






I am not collecting any more of these as I have always been reluctant to take them, due to the waste issue. But these are some that I already had, so I am trying some recipes and will cut those out to keep and recycle the rest. I have SO many cookbooks that I really don't need to collect any more.

Monday

Pork roast with roasted potatoes, honey carrots, minted peas and mashed sweet potato
Fruit salad


Tuesday
Chicken and broccoli penne
Strawberry shortcakes

Wednesday

Spaghetti and meatballs (make double to have some for the freezer)
Peach and Raspberry Cheesecake Slice


Thursday
Fish burgers
Passionfruit Ice-Cream Yoghurt


Friday
Lime Chicken Skewers
Green salad
Garlic potato fries


Saturday
Vegetable curry with naan bread
Coconut pudding


Sunday
Salmon and mango salad
Potato wedges
Chocolate and caramel poke cake


Poke cakes are a new favourite around here. So obvious - why didn't I ever think of it before?! We have also tried the lemon blueberry one - yum.




I am happy that I am able to start doing some more freezer cooking. The freezer is finally starting to have a little bit of space in it, after being full to the top with meat for so long. There is no butchering planned for at least a month so I can get some other goodies into the freezer at the moment.


Planning for this week:


Meatballs - making double on Wednesday
Pizza bases
Banana muffins
Various biscuit dough logs


Have a delicious week!



6 comments:

  1. Your menus look good, I love adding new recipes to our menu planning. I've bookmarked the lime chicken one for us to try at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to add new ones but the family still ask the same old favourites!

      Delete
    2. That sounds just like my household but I think they do appreciate some of the new recipes!

      Delete
    3. Just takes a while to get them used to something different!

      Delete