Friday 11 August 2017

Friday Flower Arrangement

There is not all that much in the garden in winter. Or so I think, until I start wandering around and I collected this little pile.




There is always foliage of some sort, particularly among the native plants.
Proteas are a winter winner and my daffodils have started flowering.
I do have quite a few camellias but I find that they do not last in a vase. The flower heads just drop off within a day or two. Any hints for making them last longer in a vase?

This is what I came up with for this week.


I am eagerly anticipating the first ranunculas - the buds are forming. Tulips are poking through. The poppies are putting on lots of growth. So many flowers are coming; so much colour to look forward to! I cannot wait!




4 comments:

  1. I too cannot wait for all the lovely colour of the Spring bulbs, Jayne. Your bunch of daffodils, Proteas and the little white blossoms have put a smile in my day. There is no such colour down here; fingers crossed, not long now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so exciting to wait for the change of seasons. I couldn't live somewhere there was no real contrast.

      Delete
  2. The daffodils are lovely, it is wonderful seeing all the bulbs coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited. Thank you…
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete