Wednesday 8 July 2020

Unraveled Wednesday

Joining in today with As Kat Knits for Unraveled Wednesday.


Of the three (oops, make that four!) projects, some have made some progress and some have not.

Please be aware that the links to the projects are all to my Ravelry page. If you are having issues with Ravelry and would like any more info, like pattern names, etc., please just let me know in the comments. 
I have had no physical issues with the new Ravelry - I just don't like the new format. I thought the old one was much cosier and friendlier. 

The Sparkly Shawl is still moving along nicely. I have been using this as my TV viewing for the past week as there is no real counting or concentrating. 

The poor Naptime Doll has had no progress on her head at all!

The Pool Party leg warmers have had a little movement but not a great deal.

And you may wonder what that pink snake with all the eyes is all about?! Interestingly, it is the neckband for With Angora Tie, my Adventures In Stitchcraft 1932 jumper. The neckband is knitted separately and sewn on. The 'eyes' are for the angora tie to be threaded through. I am intrigued by this so am looking forward to fitting all the pieces together and sharing the finished jumper on Sunday's Adventures In Stitchcraft post. Barring disasters, of course!

For reading this week, I thought I would talk about our read alouds. 
We just finished Inkheart, which would be the third or fourth time I have read this one aloud. I do love it! 


This is not the cover we own - we have the first edition hardback. But I do love the covers of the 2020 paperback reissue of the Inkheart trilogy.

We are now moving on to The Penderwicks, which I adore even more! 


The Penderwicks is just a delight!

I am totally addicated to middle grade fiction and am happy to read it just for myself. I will still read it even when all the children are grown and have left home!

Have a lovely week with your knitting and reading - and I hope that you aren't feeling like this! :)



12 comments:

  1. Interested to see how that pink "snake" comes together. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never remember to take photos as I am working - I will try to! It will certainly need blocking first as it is curling in a lot.

      Delete
  2. You're a good adventurous knitter!
    I was sad when Ravelry began taking a political stand. I felt bad for myself and all the knitters like me. I felt completely bewildered by the social justice theme. I miss the easy access to patterns and looking at different approaches to patterns. I'm glad there are other ways to find patterns and connect with knitters.
    Have a great day, Jayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - let's hope the adventure pays off! I certainly wouldn't want to be without Ravelry but I know there are lots of people looking for other options. For the moment I am staying on there but I will see how it goes.

      Delete
  3. I agree about the old Ravelry looking nicer. I switched back - you just click your profile photo in the top right hand corner and the option is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been switching sometimes. I am not sure how long they will leave the old format available and I guess I should get used to the new one just in case they take it away for good!

      Delete
  4. I occasionally read kid' fiction myself and sometimes buy some from second hand book dealers. I like the old children's novels that you don't often see in the shops. I haven't done much reading in the past week or two though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the childrens' classics too. I hope you can get back to some reading soon.

      Delete
  5. I'll look forward to seeing the finished item containing the pink snake as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Inkheart film and bought the first in the series of books. It was okay and I bought the second, but from then on, it just seemed to drag on.

    I am still dragging my feet over finishing a cardigan. I told myself I wasn't to start the blanket I want to crochet until I have finished though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree that the books could have been condensed as I found they dragged on too. I just love the premise of the books though.
      I hope you finish your cardigan soon. You have more self control than me - I would just be tempted to start a new thing anyway!

      Delete