Wednesday 1 July 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Question 1
Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process. Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless.

Most of my current plans pertain to my business plans. I am planning to expand my Etsy shops.
Luckily I did not have too many plans that had to be cancelled. But very sadly, I missed both granddaughters' birthdays this year, one being a first birthday and the other a fourth birthday. We will have to make up for all the missed celebrations at Christmas!

Question 2
Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively.

Living on a farm with no street lights, we are treated to a beautiful view of the stars every clear night. I love to go out and look at them every night.

Question 3
Blueberries, yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yoghurt, blueberries by the handful . . . . what's your pleasure?

Blueberries, a big fat yay! I love blueberries. I really need to plant some bushes though as they are so expensive here. I can only imagine the luxury of making a blueberry pie - I generally mix them with apple to make them go further.
We used to live near a blueberry farm years ago. That was wonderful as I could buy seconds.


Imagine having bushes like these! I could make hundreds of these! 


Question 4
Swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim . . . . choose one of the swim idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?

I would have to say swim against the tide. I have always felt (and been told!) that I am weird and wrong as my thoughts/ideas/feelings about life are not necessarily mainstream. I think that is why I love the blogging world so much. Well, it started with blogging but now has extended to podcasts and Youtube also. All these platforms meant that I could find my 'tribe', if not in person, at least online, and not feel so alone and strange.
There are so many homeschooling, homesteading, simple life, not mass consumerism, families out there in the land of the internet, that I know I am not wrong, no matter what the people around me say. I just see the world differently to them. 


I think I will always being swimming against the tide, but I am OK with that! 

Question 5
Sum up your June in a single sentence.

June has been calm, quiet and uneventful - and I quite like it like that!

Question 6







22 comments:

  1. I hope the last photo is true ..............sometimes it is hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think I posted it to remind myself as it is often hard to look for that silver lining.

      Delete
  2. The blueberries are ripe here. I will be going to pick at my stepdad's later this week. Love fresh from the bush berries! I'm glad you've found your tribe online. There is definitely community and friendships to be found here if you avoid the quicksand (like Facebook).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful - enjoy your blueberries! It can certainly be hard to avoid the toxic posts sometimes but there are so many wonderful people that we just have to pass by the bad stuff.

      Delete
  3. It's so hard not seeing grandchildren during this time, isn't it? I facetime/messenger with them but it is not the same.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hard. We have been Facetiming and I have been sending little parcels to them with letters. The four year old gets so excited to receive mail!

      Delete
  4. I admire your determination to stand against the stream that isn't always going your way. That's what makes our community so interesting and diverse. We can be "different" and not necessarily wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is difficult but I think worth it. We have to live to our hearts and our values.

      Delete
  5. "Always believe something wonderful is about to happen." What a wonderful way to think!!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you've found your tribe. Your life certainly sounds very different to my city life but we have missing our grandkids in common. Christmas is definitely looking like lots of celebrations all rolled into one. Nice random thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we are all, all over the world, hoping that Christmas will see everything back to some sort of stability.

      Delete
  7. I had said I'm middle of the road on blueberries but I've only had them from the grocery store. I can imagine how much different and better they are fresh. I would probably love those! I had wanted to homeschool my children but it was almost unheard of back then. People thought there was something wrong with me. I would be totally into homesteading too if I could get my husband onboard. I have definitely accomplished the simple life at least. I don't think any of it is the least bit weird. Hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Homeschooling has definitely become less weird now, after everyone has had to do it! There were a few children at my sons' school that did not return and have started homeschooling officially. Maybe, just maybe, it can happen for us too!

      Delete
  8. Praying you will be able to celebrate Christmas with your granddaughter's. Yes, your stars must be awesome! I'm glad you have found places that make you comfortable and happy. I love the meme, I've seen it before and it is so true. I love your sentence and your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are all looking forward to Christmas, hopefully.

      Delete
  9. Good for you for finding your tribe. We all need someplace where people understand us and still love us. Happy Hodgepodge to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it certainly is wonderful to find so many like-minded people to chat with.

      Delete
  10. What do you sell in your Etsy shop? My neighbor has loads of blueberry bushes and invites neighbors to come pick. They were loaded this year so we got a bunch and have been eating them, making pie, and I froze several bags too. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell my handdyed yarn currently on Etsy but am planning to open a second shop selling items I make from vintage patterns. I would LOVE to have access to that many blueberries!

      Delete
  11. I adore the Etsy community and can totally lose track of time whilst there. I don't knit (or crochet), but can't help but think how my late mother would have loved your skeins. I feel really blessed to have made some wonderful like-kind friendships through Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is definitely always something wonderful on Etsy. Sometimes it takes all my willpower to resist a purchase!

      Delete