Friday 24 February 2012

Creative Friday

Linking to Linda at Natural Suburbia for Creative Friday today. Not much to show though! I have mainly been knitting which has already been shown on Wednesday Yarn Along.
Nothing like the beautiful swan Linda has made! It is my favourite of her patterns so far.

I made these for the beginning of our felt fruit and vegetable set. We have a few wooden ones, but I am hoping to add a collection of knitted and felt food as well.


These are from Big Little Felt Universe by Jeanette Lim (still can't quite work out the book title!) It has some good fruit and veg patterns as well as the most gorgeous felt gingerbread house that I would love to make for Hansel and Gretel as well as for Christmas display. My boys covet the felt campfire.
I did change the leaves on the carrots and added the stitching lines on the body of the carrots.
There were five of these carrots originally but one seems to have mysteriously vanished! I'm sure it will turn up somewhere strange!

And getting prepared for autumn, this is the playsilk I dyed for the autumn nature table. Burnt orange with moss green and brown.


Happy creating!

4 comments:

  1. Cute carrots! And loving the colours for your autumn playsilk. You have inspired me - I'm going to order some to make - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have heaps of fun dyeing - it is really addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for popping by~ I love your felt carrots. I have a bunch that I have knitted and will bring them out thhis Easter. Do you have a spot for us to follow your blog?

    Happy Day~

    Warm regards
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Suzanne. I am new to this blogging thing, so not quite sure what you mean about a spot for you to floow my blog? I have been adding ones I follow manually to my blog list - is there a different way?! I am such a Luddite, I don't even have Facebook, so this is new to me!!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete