Thursday 9 April 2015

Resizing Vintage Patterns

I am so incredibly grateful to Tasha at By Gum, By Golly for all the hard work she put into teaching us to resize vintage knitting patterns.



The instructions are in two parts: Part One here and Part Two here.

I have taken all the measurements using the instructions in Part One and am now ready to use them when needed to resize patterns during Adventures In Stitchcraft.



I think the most important thing I will need to remember is that I cannot get away without swatching! I am terrible when it comes to swatching; I just want to jump right in and start. Which is probably why I have recently only knit shawls or socks for myself - no fit problems there!

Tasha also has this series of blog posts on fitting a 1940s pullover.



Head on over - you will love Tasha's blog!

And some free 1930s knitting patterns from The Vintage Pattern Files. This is a wonderful source for free vintage patterns, from the 1800s to the 1970s.

Fancy some 1930s knitted underwear, anyone?!



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I just found your beautiful blog! Thanks for sharing the free patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete