Thursday 11 June 2015

Bag Yourself A Gardening Bargain!

Unfortunately, only for Australian readers! But if you want to save some money and you love bulbs as much as I do, head on over to Garden Express, where the spring flowering bulbs are all on super sale.

This is the parcel I received this morning.



Suffice to say, I was super excited! This is what I ordered:





50 Dutch Iris Mixed for $14.00.




60 daffodils (Dolly Mollinger and Fortune) for $27.72. 



80 mixed tulips for $21.60. Are you kidding me? Earlier in the season, they were $5 for 3 bulbs! This is my best buy ever!

Admittedly, the bulbs are sprouting, so need to be planted quickly. They also may not have a great show of flowers in the first season. But this is the only way I purchase bulbs and they are worth the wait for the savings.

I also purchased some plants at normal price, which are still great prices. 3 kgs of seed potatoes (King Edward, Ruby Lou and Sebago), 24 strawberry Lowanna, a hellebore, an aloe vera and a Strawberry Taffy penstemon.



So happy with all these purchases. A catalogue was included so I can browse for more goodies at my leisure.

And just to top it off, I even received a free gift!
3 packets of 20 - one each of Anemone mixed, Freesia mixed and Muscari Blue Grape Hyacinth. Looks like I am off to the garden now to get planting!





8 comments:

  1. You almost have me wishing I enjoyed gardening. Alas I do not. The parcel I received this week contained melatonin tablets - not so exciting. *sigh* Mr Busy will hopefully get more sleep and be fully rested though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the tablets do the job. No one does well when they are tired. It is a very exciting parcel for the possibilities it contains. I can just see all those gorgeous tulips now!

      Delete
  2. hi jayne,
    wonderful bulbs for spring have you recived. I love tulips,daffoldis and helleboras.
    happy gardening,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina. Spring bulbs are definitely my favourite flowers, and so easy to grow. I just love the way they pop up year after year with no effort on my part!

      Delete
  3. Very nice Jayne! I love bulbs too but there are hundreds of daffodils in my yard and I can't keep up with their division needs. Perennials are truly the best, though. I love the way bulbs come up at exactly that the of winter when you most need to see something green. Happy planting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I love bulbs! I moved all the daffodils this season (or I thought I did!) But there are daffodils popping up in the old spot as well. I cannot wait until spring to see them all!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete