Wednesday 8 March 2017

Yarn Along and the Classics Club

Joining with Ginny for Yarn Along.




I am still knitting away at grandbaby's vintage coat. So far, I have completed the back and left front and begun the right front.




In the background of the photo, you can also see the quilt I am working on for her birthday. No problem - I will NOT be staying up until 3am the night before to finish these!


I have also begun my project from the February 1937 edition of Stitchcraft, a short sleeved rib cardigan.




For my reading, I am heading back to my Classics Club list from last year. At the time, I chose 50 books and planned on reading them in no particular order. But I have decided to arrange them chronologically (I am nothing if not a stickler for order!) So I am beginning with the Iliad and the Odyssey (approx. 700BC) by Homer.
As a little warm up, I have just finished reading The Children's Homer by Padraic Colum.
I love history and have always been drawn to the tales around Troy. Poor Cassandra was always my favourite.
But I have never read the 'real' version by Homer. So I am looking forward to a challenge.


If you wanted to search for some classics, this is the Big Book List from Classics Club. I would love to be able to read them all, but there are hundreds. It was very difficult to narrow it down to just 50!



7 comments:

  1. Love the little coat pattern and the color is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking I wouldn't mind one for myself!

      Delete
    2. And thanks for following me as well!

      Delete
  2. Your grandbaby's jacket is coming along beautifully. I just looked at the Classics' list and have just realised there are a lot of books I have not read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, that list could keep me going for a VERY long time! And then how would I keep up with all the wonderful newer books. Never enough time for reading - I think I will have to embrace talking books so I can work at the same time.

      Delete
  3. beautiful sweater pattern (coat) in the loveliest shade of a rosy pink!! love the white trim on the edges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nearly done now - hopefully next week's post!

      Delete