Monday 2 November 2020

My Favourite Free Christmas Ornament Knitting Patterns

 


Can you tell I love browsing through Ravelry for free knitting patterns? I am sensing a theme here!

For a few years now, I have wanted to have a knitted ornament Christmas tree, even if it is just a little tabletop version.

So this year sees me once again scrolling through Ravelry to see what I will put on my list to make (and probably not get time to actually make!)



Mini Christmas Stocking Ornaments by Julie Williams of Little Cotton Rabbits. Don't you love all the cute designs on these?



Balls Up! by General Hogbuffer. Every tree needs some baubles! These would be pretty knitted in sparkle yarn or with some metallic thread embroidered on afterwards.



Fair Isle Mice by Janet McMahon. While not strictly Christmas, some little mice peeping through the branches would be sweet. 



Holiday Cheer Ornaments by Kate Gagnon Osborn. This pattern includes three mini ornaments - mittens, hat and bauble. 




Minikins by Woolly Wormhead. You most definitely need some miniature Santa or elf hats.



Christmas Pudding Bauble by Amanda Berry. Can you believe that I am the only person in my entire family who likes Christmas pudding?! This, combined with the fact that it is usually stinking hot here in Australia, means that I have not made a pudding for the last few years. I just end up having to eat the whole thing! Maybe I should make some of these instead.



Advent Garland by Frankie Brown. This link takes you to the pattern for the advent garland itself. Each of the 24 ornaments are listed separately in Frankie's Ravelry page. But I am telling you, Frankie's page is the treasure trove for the cutest patterns you have ever seen. There are 530 on there - yes, 530! And they are ALL free! This page will keep you looking and oohing and aahing for ages. 

You could also use the decorations from Frankie's knitted Gingerbread House as ornaments.



Pine Cone Gnome by Mary Claire Goodwin. These are very sweet, if you can find some small pine cones.




WIP Ornament by Allison Griffith. A knitted knitting ornament! I would love a whole little tree of these for my craft desk! 




Knitted Miniature House by Sangmi Lee. You could add snow to the roof and other embellishments. 



Christmas Toadstools by Merrin Curley. Obviously yes!


Which ornament is your favourite? Are you planning any Christmas knitting yet? Or any other type of crafting?

I hope I will begin on some soon (but I have so many WIPs calling me already!)

Let me know in the comments what you are up to - and share any other wonderful free patterns you have discovered. 


3 comments:

  1. Awwww, these are so darling! I especially love the toadstools, the Christmas Pudding, and the mice. Maybe I'll try my hand at some fair isle knitting for those mice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mice would certainly be a good entry point for trying fair isle. And they are super cute!

      Delete
  2. I, too, love those little mice, Jayne! I was thinking that my grandchildren would just love playing with them under the tree this year...might try a few these cool fall evenings...

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete