Monday 28 September 2015

To-Do List and What We Have Been Up To


It is school holidays here, so I haven't been on the computer much. Just hanging out, kicking the footy, shooting hoops, gardening together, movies, library, playground. 

We just returned home from a weekend in Melbourne - the big smoke! We did a little bit of shopping and visited with family. My dad is doing well. He is walking now, using a cane, but the pain is pretty much gone. He did lose most of his hair. He thought he had managed to avoid that as it did not start falling out until about four weeks after he finished his chemo. He is hoping he may even be able to start driving again. God is good!

I took the two younger boys to see Oddball. If you are looking for a gorgeous family movie, this is it! 



It was very exciting to see our local area up on the big screen too. Lots of fun to recognise all the places we go to - the boys were thrilled to see the island they swim to was where the penguins live.



And being me, I was swooning over the gorgeous knitwear worn by the mother and daughter. I have my eye on this cable jumper!

The movie was shown as an activity run by the library so beforehand there was a craft activity to make your own felt fairy penguin. They turned out so cute!





The other family movie we watched this week and really enjoyed was Paper Planes, another Australian movie. 



Who knew there were world paper plane championships?! I was really pleased to find two enjoyable movies that you didn't have to worry about the content. Just good fun - I highly recommend both of them. 


My last list has a few carry overs, as I was expecting really, with the holidays.


Garden and Homestead

  • Weed and plant out wine barrel planter.
  • Plant seeds of: coriander, parsley, silverbeet, spinach, spring onion, pak choi and lettuce.
  • Plant gladioli tubers.
  • Finish weeding in front flower bed.

Knitting, sewing, crafting
  • Three hours of hand quilting on Miss Ballerina's quilt.
  • One night knitting on Minecraft pickaxe.
  • One night knitting on rainbow bunting - for front fence.
  • Research sock patterns for dad's Christmas present.
Household
  • Sort out two boxes from garage.
  • Take spare books up to Little Free Library.
  • Sort out baby clothes.
  • School holiday planning.


Actually, lots of carry overs! So this week's list looks like it will be pretty much the same content.

Garden and Homestead

  • Weed and plant out wine barrel planter.
  • Plant seeds of: coriander, parsley, silverbeet, spinach, spring onion, pak choi and lettuce.
  • Plant gladioli tubers.
  • Plant potatoes.
  • Finish weeding in front flower bed.

Knitting, sewing, crafting
  • Three hours of hand quilting on Miss Ballerina's quilt.
  • One night knitting on Minecraft pickaxe.
  • One night knitting on rainbow bunting - for front fence.
  • Research sock patterns for dad's Christmas present.
Household

  • Sort out two boxes from garage.
  • Take spare books up to Little Free Library.
  • Sort out baby clothes.
  • Do lots of cooking with eggs! You will see why when I do my weekly menu post later today.




12 comments:

  1. Ooooh you do live in the prettiest spot, don't you Jayne. I like the look of Oddball. Even though I have no littlies to entertain I might just go and have a bo peep with my husband. It looks like a heart warming movie. I'm with you with those cable jumpers....there's not much to love about a cable garment. The boys penguins are cute and that lemon cordial looks so delicious. Have a lovely holiday.....hope some of that list of yours gets ticked off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a lovely movie - I think you would enjoy it. Not sure how much of the list will get done but I am just enjoying time with my boys!

      Delete
  2. ....How remiss of me......so happy your dad is doing well. 'Tis wonderful his pain is going away. Won't it be great for him to be able to drive again. Thinking of you and your dad. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news to hear your Dad is doing so well, the power of prayer never ceases to amaze. As you say God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Our God sure is amazing. It was great to see him walking and cooking again. He loves to cook, but stopped when he couldn't eat anything.

      Delete
  4. So good to hear your dad is doing well with recovery from chemo. I'll have to take my big kid to check out these movies for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the movies!

      Delete
  5. Those are some lovely knits! Glad you were able to have a visit with family and especially your dad. :) You have an ambitious to-do list, Jayne!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, not sure how much I will get done though! It was wonderful to see dad, especially to see him so much better than last time I visited.

      Delete
  6. Praying that your Dad continues to recover. I have just returned from a week in Melbourne with the family. A 10 hour drive from Dubbo and being a decided country bumpkin I did struggle with the city traffic but it was good to have a change and I now appreciate my country life even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There. My boss took his little girls to see Oddball and they loved it. With school holiday soon after i booked them a little break at Surfside in Warrnambool. A lovely new chalet on the beach. With the movies release there were so many Oddball activities at the park and at Flagstaff Hill. They'll have to return in summer for Middle Island tours though.

    ReplyDelete