What I am thankful for this week:
- Feeling well again! It is terrible how a cold can throw you out. I was just keeping up with the basics - cooking, cleaning, looking after children - and letting all my extras - blogging, the garden, knitting - fall by the wayside. My energy is back though and it is all systems go!
And the rest of my thankful list this week is a list of 'firsts'.
- First jonquils. I have some in my kitchen windowsill vase. I love the smell, hubby doesn't. But they are just too pretty - and there is not much else flowering!
- First blossom. Just an ornamental prunus, and that is not only the first but the only blossom on the tree. But it reminds me of how beautiful the apple trees will be when they blossom. So much to look forward with spring on the way.
- First bottle of aftershave for Legoman. He turns eleven this year and was so thrilled when dad gave him this aftershave (but of course pretended not to be!)
- First finished knitting project for Whirlwind. It was going to be a scarf but I think he needed a quicker end result to keep him motivated so I suggested making it into a cowl. He has been wearing it in the garden ever since!
Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings.