Wednesday 11 January 2017

Back To Yarn Along

Linking today with Ginny for Yarn Along.


It has been stinking hot here for the last week, so not really the best weather for knitting. But I still managed to achieve a little bit.






I felt like a little fun knitting and I just love making tea cosies. So spent a quiet afternoon watching Little House on the Prairie and knitting up this cosy. I am really hoping to make an owl cosy next.


Next project in the works comes from the wonderful Arne and Carlos - just love these guys!




This is a fantastic book - love all the projects. And that gorgeous afghan is my motivation to set aside a few hours a week this year to teach myself crochet - finally!


But for now, I am knitting a mat for my teapot.




There are a few different flowers in the book using this method, including a chair pad made by joining a few of the flowers together. My wooden computer chair is not very comfortable and definitely needs one!


For reading, I have just started Hannah and Emil.




The Amazon blurb says:


An inspiring novel of great courage and enduring love set against a backdrop of the turmoil and devastation of World War II.


I am only part through chapter two but it is wonderful so far. I like the use of the reminiscing technique whereby the author started with Hannah's granddaughter sorting through some of her grandmother's possessions and then going back to when Hannah was a child.


I liked this post from The Wayward Knitter on feeding your stash. I totally agree, yarn on sale doesn't count, ever!


I look forward to the knitting that is taking place in the northern hemisphere, in front of your cosy wood fires!






16 comments:

  1. Lovely tea cozy! I've been knitting sleep suits for a prem baby charity.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that book. Might have to save some money and get a copy.

    Love your teacosy and that mat is a little different to what I expected. I cant wait to see yours.

    Have a lovely week Jayne,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't made one of the mats before, so still trying to get my head around the construction technique. I'm sure it will all slip into place at the end!

      Delete
  3. Your tea cosy is beautiful, Jayne! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am a definite fan of variegated yarn - I have SO much in my stash.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tea cosy and a mat, looking forward to seeing the end result. The book looks amazing with some great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - got a little more knitting on the mat done this evening. Definitely a gorgeous book.

      Delete
  5. Definitely knitting weather here (apart from the fact I am actually crocheting ...) damp and cold, snow being promised and the wind whipping the trees back and forth ... so yes, crank up the fire, pull up a cat and sit with the yarns .... bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like heaven! I just love winter knitting (or crocheting or quilting!) weather.

      Delete
  6. I need to get a tea pot so I can make a tea cozy! Last week it was below zero here in Colorado and MO it was in the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea cosy knitting is fun! That cold weather sounds lovely to me. Hope you are not too cold though.

      Delete
  7. I love tea cosies and need to use up some of my stash on making one! I've had the Arne and Carlos book in my wish list for what seems like forever ...guess I should finally take the plunge. Always fun to see what everyone is making and reading. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely book, even just to browse through endlessly as the photos are so gorgeous. Hope you find a tea cosy pattern you love!

      Delete
  8. The tea coast looks fab. So warm and fuzzy, reminding me of my grandmother. I havent crocheted for ages. Last year the only thing I got done was a doily and made up my granny squares into a blanket. I did like looking at my Holliday bunting that I made the previous year. I had be planning on making a crochet doll with different themed outfits for my daughter's birthday but I've left it too late. I'll just make it anyway. It was 41 degrees yesterday but a bit cooler today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, the hot weather is awful, isn't it? Just too hot to do anything. Hope you get back to your crochet soon - so many gorgeous things to make.

      Delete