Monday 23 January 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Linking today with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.




I am a much happier homemaker now that the gastro bug is behind us, that is for sure!
Today starts the last full week of the school holidays.


On The Weather Front
For fear of sounding like a broken record, it is hot! There is some rain predicted for later in the week, which will be a welcome relief.


Reading
I am nearly finished the first book of the Kauffman Amish Bakery series by Amy Clipston. I am enjoying it so far. I love Amish fiction so will happily read any and all Amish related books.




Watching
Still enjoying my Little House on the Prairie trip down memory lane.
And look at this cute fabric I found at the Fat Quarter Shop.




Oh my gosh, I want it! But I told myself, I would use up all the plastic crates of fabric and yarn that I already have this year before buying any more. Oh the dilemma!!


I'm Hoping
That the boys will have a great year at school and that it will not be as terrible as either they or I think it will be. We must all have faith that God has a plan for us.


I'm Learning
To let go and just breathe in situations that are beyond my control. I am trying to not get over emotional and just to be happy in the moment.


Crafting
Still knitting away at my heat mat. It has been a bit hot, of course! Does working through the huge neglected pile of mending count as crafting?!
Also working on baby's quilt and one for my second daughter to take to uni when she heads off in only two weeks! Where does the time go?





Grateful For
Coming up to Australia Day, I am grateful for this wonderful country we live in.


Dreaming Of
Rain! I need to hear rain drumming on the tin roof while I am lying in bed!




Favourite photo
During the week, we went to Cirque Africa. What a show! Such high energy, amazing acrobatics, totally addictive music and dancing. We loved it. It is coming to Adelaide soon, if anyone lives there. Well worth a visit.
And such lovely people - we were walking to the Big Top and the ringmaster, Papa Africa, stopped to ask if we wanted a lift in the circus van. So we arrived in style!







Devotional, Scripture, Key Verse

Have a lovely week!



14 comments:

  1. Wow, the show really does look impressive. Hope all goes well for the boys at school and your daughter going to University. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun. My daughter is stressing a bit about going away - a big change as it is 2 hours away. She will be fine once she settles in!

      Delete
  2. You are an amazing quilter. Very talented. How pretty are you colour choices and design. Perfect gift for you daughter to take away to uni. Wow that African show would of been so lively!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just have to get to actually finishing quilts. I'm really good at making the tops but not so good at finishing off the quilting. The show was fabulous - I just love African music and dancing. If only I had so much energy!

      Delete
  3. Loving your two quilts, Jayne, love the quilting on the baby quilt. Surely, you can fit in The Little House on the Prairie fabric.....it is lovely. The African Circus does look like it was a lot of fun, so much energy! Thank you for adding to my vocabulary, love the word pluviophile; I will have to store it away for a rainy day. Glad you are all healthy again and over the gastro bug. Have a lovely week, lovely Jayne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you are right - I'm sure I can find a spare corner of the cupboard to squeeze in that extra fabric! It is definitely good to be healthy again.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are all over the gastro bug. The quilts look amazing, love the colours you have chosen, inspiring me to pull the patchwork quilt out that I started a while ago! Will hope the rain comes for you bringing some cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jayne! So happy to hear you're all feeling better. Your quilts are just lovely!! I'm curious if there are traditions for Australia Day? I've never been to Australia,but would love to go one day.

    I hope you get your nice cooling rain!! Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we are all feeling much better now, thank goodness! There are not really any traditions for Australia Day - people just seem to treat it as an excuse for a day off! The traditional owners see it as a day of mourning, rather than celebration.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are all feeling better. Hope you get your cloudy, rainy weather soon. I'd be happy to trade these clouds and cold hanging around here for a bit of your sunshine and heat! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we need to trade half each so we can each have some weather that is just right!

      Delete
  7. Your Amish books look wonderful-I have only read two but loved them and am looking forward to reading more. That Fabric! wow, cant wait to see what you make with it... You should go back and get it- you can always use up your crate stash later-lol I know I am an enabler. But its so unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to number three now and loving the books! I know, I know, I really should buy the fabric because what if it becomes unavailable?! Always my excuse!

      Delete