Wednesday 25 January 2017

Unravelling for Yarn Along This Week

Linking today with Ginny for Yarn Along.


During the week, I finally unravelled some projects to reclaim the yarn.
You know those projects that you begin and after a while you realise they just aren't right. They aren't going to fit or they just don't sit right. So what do you do with them? You put them away in a cupboard, in the vain hope that they will somehow change into the project you envisaged when you started knitting! They hide away in the cupboard for months, sometimes even years, because you don't want to waste all that knitting time you have already invested into these projects.




Yet, they do not become what you hoped for!
So I decided to bite the bullet, close my eyes so I couldn't see all my work disappearing and unravel.
And now I feel better for it - and I have some 'new' yarn!


Just as a side note, when I typed 'unravel' into Google, it came up with this gorgeous game from Sweden. Who knew that there was an Xbox/PS4 game called Unravel?! You should watch the trailer, it is so cute!




So what am I actually making? Just working on my heat mat and Green Fingers gnome. But more planning than anything, as it is SO hot. Hot weather and knitting just do not go together for me.


While browsing through Ravelry, as you do, I found THE most gorgeous toy designer. Oh my! Tatyana Korobkova designs the most adorable things you have ever seen!


Photo from Masha Doll pattern page on Ravelry.
How gorgeous is the Masha doll? She reminds me of the designs from the Gorjuss collection, which I have always loved. I think I may need to budget to purchase some of her patterns.


For reading, I am working my way through the Kauffman Amish Bakery series by Amy Clipston. I am currently on book two, A Promise of Hope. Lovely light reading, but I don't think I have met an Amish fiction book that I didn't like, so I am easily pleased!






8 comments:

  1. That doll is adorable. That would make a cute gift for family babies. I've not hear of Gorjuss collection, but I might have to get one of the puzzles for my puzzle maniac sisters.

    I love picking up ideas from bloggers; I learn about so many different things I'd never of thought about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love puzzles - and a Gorjuss one would be lovely. I have such a list of wonderful ideas and products from bloggers - I could never keep up with them all!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Shame you are having to unravel all that knitting but at least you can reuse the yarn. I love the pattern for the doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to admit a project isn't working out - I have trouble with that! I have ordered a knitting book by the dollmaker so am hoping to start a project when it arrives. I'm sure granddaughter needs some knitted dolls!

      Delete
  3. I understand perfectly the unravelling of a woolly that one is less enamoured with. I love the colour of your yarn, by the way. The Masha doll is gorgeous. I must look at those links you left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad, but necessary! I am a bit in love with knitted toys at the moment - maybe because of certain little granddaughter! It is lovely to have a girl to knit for again - sorry boys!

      Delete
  4. I unravelled this week too. I did have a splurge of unravelling a whole lot of aran jumpers a few years ago. I was never going to wear them, but it was hard. Glad I did, as I've reused most of the yarn into things that will be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be hard as there is SO much work in Aran jumpers. It is just hard to take that first step in unravelling. Hope you find some lovely patterns to make with your 'new' yarn!

      Delete