Sunday 29 January 2017

Return To Adventures In Stitchcraft

Some of you may remember a while back I started Adventures in Stitchcraft as a way to have some fun with vintage crafting and use my collection of Stitchcraft magazines.




I had my copies of earlier 1930s Stitchcrafts stored as PDFs. Due to a computer crash and complete loss of all my files (stark reminder to keep backups!), I stopped this series.


I had begun the Shoulders jumper and had completed a significant amount when I lost the pattern file. I guess this discouraged me for a while! This project sadly became one of the unravels from last week.


Then a few weeks ago, Pamela, a confessed Anglophile like me, stopped by and commented on an Adventures in Stitchcraft post and reminded me how much I love my vintage Stitchcraft magazines. So here I am, back to it!


The first print copies of Stitchcraft I have are Nos. 54 and 55, from February and March 1937.





I love both the cover designs from these, but you will have to wait to find out what is inside and what I am planning to make from these issues!


Here are some links to vintage blogs while you wait.


The Vintage Patterns Files - free vintage patterns from the 1800s through to the 1970s.


The Sunny Stitcher - great free patterns here from the 1920s to 1970s.


Subversive Femme - a great range of free patterns here from the 1930s, 40s and 50s.


Vintage Gal - and for some 1930s sewing inspiration.


And lookie here! Oh my, I am in love with this website! I have often thought, I can knit, I can sew, but I cannot make shoes. And here, Royal Vintage Shoes,  is where you can get shoe styles from the 1920s, 30s and 40s. Wow!




How much do I love these Two-Tone 1930s Pumps?! I may have to save up my pocket money!




I would love you to visit every Sunday as I revive Adventures in Stitchcraft!


2 comments:

  1. I have a mound of vintage stitch craft squirrelled away, but I also have tons of the transfer sheets , I have a bit of a vintage transfer problem it goes all the way back to the Edwardians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, how exciting! I would love to see your collection! I have only managed to find two Stitchcraft that still have the transfer papers with them.

      Delete