Sunday 5 July 2020

Still In October 1932




I am thinking this will be the second last week in October 1932 as next week I will, WILL, have the finished jumper to show you!

I have almost finished the second sleeve.


I will make sure this project receives the majority of my knitting time this weekso next week's photos can be more interesting!


Just a little more about October 1932 before we finish this month off.

On October 19, the heir to the Swedish throne, Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Vasterbotten, married his second cousin, Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha in Coburg, Germany. Sibylla was a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria.


Not too many smiling faces here! 

On October 27, huge numbers of National Hunger Marchers gathered in Hyde Park in London. The Hunger Marches to London had been organised by the National Unemployed Workers' Movement (NUWM) to draw attention to the high unemployment rate and poor housing conditions across Britain. 
On this march, a brick was thrown through a post office window, the mounted police charged with clubs and rioting began. Between 60 and 70 people were injured and there were numerous arrests.


And now I am off to keep knitting! 


4 comments:

  1. Knit! I want to see the finished project!

    What do you do with them once finished? Do you wear them yourself or do you make them for others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hurrying! Hmmm, depends on whether they fit and look ok! Hopefully I have sized it ok but I'm thinking it might be a little small. We shall see!

      Delete
  2. Your jumper is super lovely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete