Wednesday 22 July 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Joining this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge with From This Side of the Pond

1. Do you think the pandemic has had any positive impact on your mental health? Explain.

I hate to say that it has but it most definitely has for me. I have always wanted to return to homeschooling but hubby has a negative view of it as being for 'weirdos'. After having the boys at home for three months, he has been willing to give it a go. Fingers crossed that it will continue!

2. A hot mess, hot under the collar, in hot water, hot button, hot diggity dog!, hot shot, hot seat . . . . . choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.

I feel I am in the hot seat as I must prove that homeschooling will be successful. This is pretty stressful but worth the effort, I think. But hot diggity dog!, the boys and I are enjoying it so far!

3. Speaking of the hot seat, do you work well under pressure or do you avoid high-pressure situations?

It depends on the situation. I work well to my own deadlines, so if I am putting pressure on myself. But if it is someone else applying pressure, that is very stressful to me. I guess this is why I have a home business with just me!

4. Hot dogs - yay or nay? If yay how do you like yours? 

I don't think hot dogs in Australia are anything like the American ones! There seems to be an infinite variety - I would love to try a hot dog from one of those stands in New York.
If I have one, it is fried onions, cheese, tomato sauce and American mustard. I don't know what Americans call American mustard, but here in Australia it is a mild yellow mustard. My boys call it squeezy mustard!



5. A list of America's coolest Southern towns: 
Marfa Texas, Greenville South Carolina, Abindgon Virginia, Athens Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, Florence Alabama, Oxford Mississippi, Abita Springs Louisiana, Wilmington North Carolina, Monroeville Alabama, McMinnville Tennessee, Natchez Mississippi.
How many have you visited in person? Which town on the list would you most like to visit?

I am definitely happier to be somewhere cooler! 
I have never been to the US so have never visited any. But I have always wanted to visit South Carolina and I have heard of Greenville somewhere, I assume a movie or book. Maybe someone knows? 
The waterfalls look lovely and there seems to be lots for kids to do.



6. Random thought
I think we all need a sprinkling of this at the moment.

Have a lovely week!

8 comments:

  1. I probably did but don't remember eating that specific type of mustard when we were in Australia. I think the equivalent here would be "plain yellow mustard." :-) There are dozens of kinds of mustard in the US. I'm not sure why, but mustard is a big deal here. My favorites would probably be whole ground brown mustard, horseradish mustard, and cranberry mustard. :-)

    I hope the homeschooling works out well for you! My sister-in-law homeschools in Queensland. I know it involves a lot of work on her part for lesson planning to meet the government requirements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry mustard sounds delicious!
      Every state has different requirements for homeschooling and I have heard that Queensland's are quite stringent.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the home schooling. I am sure it will work out well for you and the boys, and something you will find really worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel being under scrutiny with homeschooling. I hope to do it with our 2 youngest! And I want to go to Marfa, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the homeschool journey - I really hope that you will be able to do it. I think it is worth the hard work.

      Delete
  4. That's very interesting about the homeschooling. That is a positive thing! Are they okay with not going back? Our mustard is yellow. Of course there are other mustard's but definitely yellow on the hot dog. Yours sounds yummy, I'll have to try that next time I have a hot dog. Yes we can all use some HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are VERY happy to not be going back! We have been having a great time homeschooling so far!

      Delete