Sunday 16 August 2020

Diamonds Are Trumps for November 1932

 



I have chosen my next project for Adventures In Stitchcraft, from the second issue of the magazine, published November 1932.



It is the 'Scarlet and White' jumper and I have been waiting patiently (impatiently!) for the yarn to arrive.



Finally, it arrived and as you can see, I have not been very adventurous! 


I guess the colours are not exactly scarlet and white. The red is more a deep red and the white is more cream. 
The yarns are from Bendigo Woollen Mills in their Classic 3 ply and the colours are Cranberry and Pussy Willow. This yarn comes on 500g/2000m cones and are fantastic value.

I have not cast on yet, but will this week. 

No charts for this colourwork! It will take a bit of concentration to keep these stitches in order! I'm sure once the pattern is established, I will be off and running.


Tune in next week to see how I am progressing! 



6 comments:

  1. I popped onto the Bendigo Woolen Mills website and the wool, is offered at a good price. The colours you have chosen are lovely and I have no doubt the finished jumper will look 'swell' as they used to say back in the 30's. Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Bendigo Woollen Mills - I am always happy with their yarn. I am looking forward to a 'swell' time knitting this one!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I would chart that before starting. As you say, probably quite simple, but those instructions will take some counting until you get it memorised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about it. But being lazy (let's call it going for the full vintage knitting experience!), I think I will try it out as is first. It may be a disaster and totally do my head in!

      Delete
  3. It sounds relatively simple 'on the flat', but once you get to the neck and arm holes, it might get a bit trickier. Good luck.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thinking the shaping will take a lot of concentration. Fingers crossed!

      Delete