Today I am thankful for:
- today being the last day of term, so I will have my boys home for three whole weeks!
- small children and how they keep the wonder alive. Cuddlepie was SO happy that he learned to use the stapler today. You can't help but smile when they celebrate milestones like that with such sheer joy.
- my garden and the fact that we have room to grow food.
- being able to catch up with a homeschooling friend I haven't seen in years. We had a lovely chat - so refreshing to chat with like-minded friends.
- that we have a roof over our heads, even though it feels cramped at times. There are so many people living in poverty or war or disaster zones that I should be thankful all the time for the privileged life we are able to live here in Australia. It really makes my blood boil when people speak in such derogatory terms about the 'boat people'. I try to point out that if you were in their shoes, you would probably do anything in your power to escape and bring your family to a safe place as well.