Friday 16 January 2015

Finally Finished Something Friday

I have not been doing very much knitting lately, but I did finish my colourful baby jacket. And I am REALLY happy with the end result, and hopefully so is the gorgeous Ivy who will be wearing it.



Ivy (and her family) are leaving our town and moving to New South Wales in the mountains. This jacket should keep her warm during her first winter in snow country.


Lovely wooden flower buttons


I wrapped the present in a playsilk that I dyed in pale pink. We have lots of playsilks, simply because I love to experiment with colour.



Fingers crossed that I will have something for show and tell next week, as that will mean I have been able to get some knitting done! I do not like it when I am too busy to fit in knitting.

Look forward to seeing everyone else's knits at FO Friday at chrisknits
Also linking with Linda at Natural Suburbia for Creative Friday.

Chris has since informed me that she won't be doing FO Fridays anymore - I will miss them! But she has sent me over to Fibre Arts Friday at Wisdom Begins In Wonder and to Freshly Finished Friday at Hardknitlife

Blessings,
Jayne

13 comments:

  1. Lovely - the color and buttons! It is a very cute and cozy looking jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sweater! Just adorable. But sorry I won't be doing Friday's anymore. Try Hard Knit Life or Wisdom Begins In Wonder for the Friday link parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know - I will have a look at the other ones. Hopefully I'll still see you linking up there though, as I love your knits!

      Delete
  3. This is just lovely i am really fond of those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it so much I am tempted to make another one the same. There are always babies being born!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, I love the colours in the yarn you've used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some of this yarn left so have to think of what to do with it.

      Delete
  5. What a darling little sweater! It definitely looks warm and cozy :) Your playsilk is also the most beautiful, soft shade of pink. What a thoughtful way to wrap your gift! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be back next week, although not sure if I will actually having anything finished. I'll have to do a quick knit!

      Delete
  6. Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday! Sorry I took so long reading your post. What a lovely cardi. It is a beautiful gift. I love the details and the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I do love this knit. I will definitely make it again.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful colours and I'm quite sure it will keep her very warm.

    ReplyDelete