Tuesday 20 January 2015

Love Your Library Challenge


I loved the idea of this challenge since first reading about it on Snapdragon Crafts. So I was very happy to see that it now has a link-up so I can easily check out what others are up to. 
I have a LOT of knitting patterns - books, magazines, leaflets and a lot more than I thought on the computer (when did I purchase so much from Ravelry?!) Like my stash, I could probably knit for the rest of my life, and longer, with the patterns I have.
And as part of the Year of No Superfluous Spending, I will not be purchasing any new patterns. So this will be a great reminder to knit with what I already have.



These are my books. Admittedly, they are not all knitting books (also quilting and sewing), but a large percentage of them are.



And these boxes stashed in the hall cupboard are my knitting magazines. yes, two boxes full!

I love vintage patterns, especially baby ones. So at the moment I am knitting from this booklet, which I bought from eBay a few years ago. I think the lady was selling all her mum's knitting stuff. So I bought some lovely vintage pattern books from her.



This is the pattern I am knitting, This Lacy Raglan using Drops Alpaca.




Linking with Snapdragon Crafts for the Love Your Library Challenge.

Blessings,
Jayne

4 comments:

  1. I adore old knitting patterns. You've inspired me to hunt down some on the Internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I much prefer vintage to newer patterns. Which is good as they are readily available at the op shops here!

      Delete
  2. The yarn is so pretty! Will be watching your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not as fast as you - I think I got three rows done last night! I absolutely loved the Drops Alpaca to feel, but am finding it is knitting up quite irregularly. People have commented that it will block out evenly. Let's hope so!

      Delete