Monday 19 January 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Time to get back on track for 2015. And as regular meal planning is one of my 2015 resolutions, let's get to it!



I have said it before and I will say it again, I love Mary Berry! So another one of her books (Cook Now, Eat Later), for a particular reason.

We have recently moved house so I had run down all the freezer meals. The fridge and freezer were practically bare. Then I had a run of the events that are the reason you stock your freezer with meals! We had been in our new house for one day when I had a call that my dad was sick and needed radiation and chemotherapy. So I dashed down to Melbourne for a few days. I was already feeling under the weather when I left; by the time I returned I was really sick. The worst cold I have ever experienced.
So it seems like I have been out of routine for weeks and I am looking forward to getting back to some semblance of order. Hence the book. I am planning to cook this week's meals from it and double some of the recipes to re-stock the freezer. If I can fit it in, I am also hoping to cook some extra meals just for the freezer, like meatballs.




Monday: Penne Pasta with Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes and Spinach.
Tuesday: Salmon and Fennel Fish Pie, Peach Crumble*
Wednesday: Pork, Leek and Sage Burgers
Thursday: Chardonnay Chicken with Artichokes
Friday: Pad Thai Noodles with Seafood, Melon Sorbet
Saturday: Roasted Stuffed Field Mushrooms and Stuffed Peppers with green salad
Sunday: Pea and Mint Soup with Herb and Parmesan Soft Rolls, self Saucing Chocolate Pudding


*Peach Crumble is because I want to use some of my canned Peach Pie Filling. When we moved, these jars ended up being transported on their sides and I'm not really sure if that would affect the seal. I seem to think I have read/heard somewhere that the liquid cannot be tipped onto the lid like that or it can compromise the seal. Am I correct? Or just paranoid?! 



Tonight I need to do a huge grocery shop to re-stock as well. Hopefully, next week will be a bit calmer!

Linking with At Home With Mrs M for Meal Planning Monday and I'm An Organising Junkie for Menu Plan Monday. Hope to see you there!

Blessings,
Jayne

16 comments:

  1. That all sounds so good, the stuffed peppers look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday's stuffed mushrooms and peppers sound so.... good! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful week for food and such a good idea to do extra for the freezer, I try to keep some meal ready for an emergency or if I don't fancy cooking. Thank you for your visit to my blog, hope to see you again soon. I will have a good look around when I have more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be back to look around at your blog too! Thanks for visiting me.

      Delete
  4. Those stuffed peppers look lovely - I like the sound of the pork and sage burgers, I've got some pork mince to use so will have a look. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I found a few other recipes for pork burgers on the internet, even one wrapped in bacon!

      Delete
  5. Great sounding meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Let's hope it all comes together in reality now!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like great meals. I hope your Dad is ok and that you are feeling better. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He is slowly getting better. They are looking at releasing him from hospital next Wednesday, all going well.

      Delete
  7. All of your meals sound delicious! I hope your dad is ok x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. He is slowly recovering, but it is a long process.

      Delete
  8. Yes, those pork, leek, and sage burgers sound delicious! Never tried that before. Do you have a recipe to share for making those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to post the recipe later in the week. This is the link to Mary Berry's recipe page - there are some other great recipes there.
      http://www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes

      Delete