Thank you, Lisa - it is lovely to be nominated for an award!
Lisa blogs about homesteading, homeschooling, being a mamma and grandmamma, sewing, baking, all the things we love to read about, from her gorgeous home in SW Washington. I am SO jealous of her mountains!
So, on to the award.
The purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow, mostly newer, bloggers that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are "lovely" and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also.
In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger must follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
Seven facts about me - hmmm.
I posted 7 Uninteresting Facts About Me earlier in the year, but I will make these ones more about my general life.
1. I live in Hamilton, Victoria, Australia, a country town of approx. 10,000, mostly sheep country. We live on a small farm of 8 acres, which is pretty much a blank slate at the moment.
One of Charles Dickens' sons lived in Hamilton and his wife was killed in a carriage accident in our main street.
2. I am a mum to five; my oldest is 19, my youngest is 3. I used to homeschool, and I really miss it - heaps.
3. I am slightly addicted to chickens. You may say, I collect them! I just love incubating eggs and hearing those first little peeping sounds. Facebook has opened up a whole new world of egg purchasing opportunities - so many wonderful breeds to buy!
4. I love all things vintage, particularly knitting/craft magazines and patterns and pretty china.
5. I must be the only Australian that doesn't like the beach! Give me mountains and trees any day!
6. I love, love, love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups since being introduced to them 20 or so years ago by a friend who moved here from Ohio. Her mum used to send them to her, but now you can sometimes find them in Australia. So imagine my excitement the other day (I may have yelped for joy in the supermarket and embarrassed myself!) when I saw on my local supermarket shelf, Reese's Peanut Butter Chips! Who knew such a thing existed?!
7. True to my melancholic nature, I absolutely love rain. Even better, a thunderstorm. I would often prefer a rainy day to a sunny one. You can't have any rainbows without the rain, after all!
But first, read all the blogs listed below!
I would like to nominate (I hope they don't mind!):
1. Janine @ Rainbow Hare - Janine lives in East Sussex, UK, and blogs about her adventures in fabric and yarn. She creates the most gorgeous crochet and you should see her vintage caravan sewing machine cover. I am making one as soon as I can!
2. Terri @ Darling Downs Diaries - Terri lives just around the corner from me! (about 40km or so). But we met through the wonderful world of blogging. Terri blogs about her productive homestead, homeschooling, faith, cooking, all sorts. She is a blessing to all.
3. Sandra @ Simply Like Grandma - Sandra lives in Canada. When I first read Sandra's blog description, I knew I would love it. Sandra says she wished to find a way to preserve her grandmother's hand-written recipe book and she also loves the way of life from that era. Hence 'Simply Like Grandma'; all about living the simple life as our grandparents would.
4. Joanna @ Sweet Little Wood - Joanna is from the coastal mountains of California (see, I do love mountains!) This is a delightful blog - full of lovely knitting, chickens, baby rabbits, baking, what else could you ask for?!
5. Jen @ Random Thoughts In My Head - sounds like my head, most of the time! Jen is from Colorado and blogs about her knitting, gardening and just life in general.
6. Sarah @ His Little Wife - Sarah lives in Washington State and blogs about knitting, chickens and all things family. Her little girls are the most gorgeous princesses I have ever seen!
7. Kathryn @ A Gardener's Thread - Gorgeous quilts, a beautiful garden, the simple life.
8. Kim @ Sarah Lizzies - Another Aussie, this time from our gorgeous island state of Tasmania. You will not believe the divine fabric creations here!
9. Natalie @ Remembrances - Natalie lives in Ontario, Canada, and dreams of having a large self-sufficient farm. Her pottery is absolutely gorgeous. I am waiting for some to arrive and will post photos when it gets here.
10. Julie @ Julie's Homesteading Journal - Julie blogs about her homestead on twenty mountainside acres (mountain envy again!) She shares recipes, faith, knitting, sewing and just what it is to be truly thankful. And her gorgeous Jersey cow, Matilda, looks just like my Izzy, who has found a lovely new home and I miss so much.
Hope you can visit some or all of these lovely ladies as they are all truly an inspiration and a blessing to me every day.
P.S. Just noticed how many times I used the word 'gorgeous' in this post. Must use a thesaurus next time I need to describe so many GORGEOUS blogs!