Thursday 14 May 2015

Thankful Thursday

Every Thursday, Julie at Julie's Homesteading Journal posts her Thankful Thursday. I always enjoy reading this and it always gives me a boost when I am feeling down. So I have decided to do this myself to help me think about all the parts of my life I should be thankful for. I have let myself get into a bit of a slump lately, feeling that my life is not the way I would like it to be, and am trying my hardest to immerse myself in feelings of gratitude for what I do have rather than melancholy for what I do not have.



So here are a few of the things I am thankful for today:




God's promises. We are going through a stormy patch at the moment, but we will come through the storm.



My lovely children - here is the youngest cheeky monkey! He is so happy he has learned to ride his bike without training wheels.



Dear friends who leave flowers on your doorstep when they know your family is hurting.


Rain - and lots of it! Everything will be growing really well after nearly a week of downpours.



And a warm fireplace to sit by during all this rainy weather.



This comes from Lovelyespirit where there is a weekly Thankful Thursday prayer.

What are you thankful for this week?

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you are thankful for Jayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I really think about being thankful, it is so true that the simple things are the best.

      Delete
  3. I do hope your rough patch gets smoother in the days ahead! I'm thankful for the wonderful spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Spring - you must have some wonderful daffodil displays popping up!

      Delete
  4. Your post on thankfulness, Jayne is lovely. Sometimes it is difficult to be thankful when life is swirling all around us. I have been thinking of you and your daughter much this week. Sending you a basketful of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Your kind words mean so much to me. She is doing fairly well at at the moment.
      You are so right, it is difficult to think of the good when you are busy and preoccupied. That is why I decided to join in with Thankful Thursday.

      Delete
  5. This is a fabulous idea. Constantly reminding ourselves of our daily blessings. Sweet and lovely job Jayne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have seen this on lots of blogs before and thought it would be helpful to me to remind myself of my blessings. It is way too easy to focus on what is wrong rather than what is right in your life!

      Delete
  6. Do you know what happened to Julies's Homesteading Journal? Her Facebook account is gone as well. Hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! I had a look and her Pinterest board was still active. I too hope everything is OK.

      Delete