Thursday 28 May 2015

Thankful Thursday


Every week, there is so much to be thankful for.


  • Absolutely gorgeous autumn weather which enabled me to spend time outside, weeding, mulching and preparing the veggie garden.


  • My creative, talented, lovely children - Lego building, story writing, cross country running, caring for each other and others.

Whirlwind designed some Minecraft Lego
Legoman won an award at school last Friday, which is awarded to one student a week over the whole school. The award is for service, so I am so proud of him for winning this award. It was awarded for 'positively encouraging and supporting others while also participating appropriately.' 
And tomorrow we will be heading to Warrnambool to watch Legoman run in the regional cross country. 
I am thankful that the boys are learning that serving others is the same as serving Jesus, and that they are kind and considerate towards others.


  • My hubby, who takes care of us so well and allows me to be a homemaker when it is not the most popular or socially acceptable stand to take.

I pray that this be so, although some days I fear it is not.


This is a volunteer organisation of professional photgraphers who volunteer their time to provide photographs for families who have experienced stillbirth, premature births or children with terminal illnesses. What a blessing they are. My daughter received her photos from the birth of her daughter and they are precious. I cannot thank Heartfelt enough for giving her these precious memories to hold on to until she meets her daughter in Heaven. 

What are you thankful for this week?

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a two week visit from my son, the nice warm weather we are having, coffee in the morning, tea at night, a good book and new pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A two week visit - how wonderful! Have a great time. I am definitely thankful for tea and a good book!

      Delete
  2. All great reasons to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always need to remind myself to be thankful in all things.

      Delete
  3. Being thankful. I'm feeling like this at the moment. Last week I gave up full time work. The effect it had on me and ultimately my family life was awful. My husband is very behind me being homemaker in order to eradicate stress and get happiness back in our household. Money will be very tight and for that reason I am feeling awful because it means that my husband will work so hard and long in order to just survive. I think we have come a long way in realising what is important and nearing 40 I think it has dawned on us that it isn't 'things' that do that. Oooops went on a bit there. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it seems hard, but in the long run, it will be a joy. We are hopefully working towards hubby being able to reduce his hours, after spending a long time with him working hard to save money. So I feel for where you are at the moment. I find that reading other people's blogs and seeing what they are doing really helps to keep me focused and happy, as it is difficult. All the best!

      Delete