Sunday 1 March 2020

Back To Adventures In Stitchcraft - finally!

Isn't it about time I got back to this adventure?!


I love my Stitchcraft magazines and have continued to collect them since I first started Adventures In Stitchcraft back in 2015. You can read about the beginnings of this project here - I still do not have the very earliest editions from 1932. But I have found a link to a copy of a jumper pattern from the second edition (November 1932), so this may be the beginning of my Adventures In Stitchcraft rebooted. I still hold out hopes of being able to join a guild in the UK that apparently has online access to most of the Stitchcrafts published. If anyone is a member of the Knitting and Crochet Guild UK, I would love to know about it! This is the very first issue of Stitchcraft from October 1932.



And I particularly like this jumper from the issue.


So fingers crossed, I am able to access a copy of it somewhere! Otherwise I will be moving on to the diamond jumper from November 1932, which is available here -



So let's get back to vintage knitting! I am looking forward to diving back into this project as I loved everything about it - the research on the time period, looking through the magazines and definitely the knitting. Although I do wish I had the figure of the models in the magazines! See you on Sundays for Adventures In Stitchcraft!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to visit you and your stitchcraft magazines again, Jane. Love the vintage patterns of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try to be more timely this year!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see more Stitchcraft here and interesting to learn there is a Knitting and Crochet Guild UK. I should look into it. Good luck with finding the pattern for the jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping I can get an international membership if they have all the Stitchcraft available online. I have sent them an email to ask. Hopefully I will be back to Wool On Sundays soon with some knitting to share!

      Delete