Monday 2 March 2020

What Have I Been Doing?

Although I have been very slack with keeping up with my blog, I have been occupying my time!

My Etsy shop has been steadily growing, which makes me happy. 
Last year, I ran a mystery yarn club incorporating two of my favourite things, books and yarn. Each month the yarn was based on a banned book. I love researching so I very much enjoyed producing a page of background information for each book.

Some examples from the club include:

The HItchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

The Great Gatsby

To Kill A Mockingbird (colours are based on the Vintage Lee book cover)

Gone With The Wind

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Fahreheit 451

And I am always so excited to be tagged on Instagram and see what people are making with the yarn! There have been some lovely makes.



I particularly love these socks made with the To Kill A Mockingbird colourway.


I was debating whether to run a club this year - I thought people might be yarned out! But apparently not - I have had questions as to when this year's club is starting. It just makes me so happy (and surprised!) that people are loving my yarn. I get all fluttery and excited when I am tagged in a post of someone's knitting - with my yarn! Sometimes I still cannot believe it. My most exciting moment this week was when one of my lovely customers did an unboxing of my yarn on her Youtube channel. My yarn, on Youtube! Oh my, I was dancing around the room! 

If you are a Youtube watcher, her video is here. The unboxing is right at the beginning.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I will be running a club this year, this time based on fairy tales. I already have some gorgeous charms to make the stitch markers to acompany the yarn. The first month will be The Little Mermaid as it has always been one of my favourites. I am looking forward to it!

What is your favourite fairy tale? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jayne! Your yarn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly marvelous idea! I would absolutely love a yarn/banned books club like that! Knitting socks is one of my favorite things, actually. I'm halfway through a pair I started in February. I knew that I should have cast on that second sock as soon as I finished the first, but I didn't. I should probably do that today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun doing the yarn clubs. Maybe I should do a post about all the colourways and books I did last year. I am looking forward to fairy tales.
      I am terrible with socks! I have one finished from last year that still has no partner. I definitely suffer from Second Sock Syndrome!

      Delete