Monday 16 March 2020

Monday's Make A List


So how did last week's list go?


Gardening and Homestead

  • Pot up lettuce, kale and pak choy seedlings
  • Dead head roses - I did half of the roses so will have to finish them this week.
  • This week's moon planting is root crops so plant out garlic and sow radishes - also planted some beetroot and swedes
  • Weeding - a never ending cycle!  I did four hours this week. I aim for three to four at the moment until I have things under control. 
Knitting, sewing and crafting

  • Finish front of Prelude jumper - free pattern available here from Subversive Femme
  • Sand back wooden dollhouse for granddaughter's birthday present

When my girls had this dollhouse, they painted it and the furniture themselves. My daughter asked me to revamp it for her daughter (as we are only doing secondhand or handmade gifts), so I thought I should update the paint job! I mixed up a blue for the lounge suite that is the colour I would love to have for my own lounge suite. I think it would fit in my 1940s themed house - one day! 
  • Choose design for knitted cardigan for granddaughter's birthday present - I nearly have this sorted out. Now to choose colours.
  • Sort out craft trunk - this may have to drop off the list if the boys' school is cancelled. Too much stuff to get out and spread everywhere!
  • Dye and add to shop two lots of sock yarn sets  actually added three sets of sock yarn

  • Plan project from Stitchcraft October 1932

Household
  • Continue working on book inventory  I try to add at least twenty books a week to my catalogue online.
  • Sort out boys' clothes for winter
  • Tinned foods inventory


And now for this week. Who knows where we will be by the end of this week? It is still very much a matter of wait and see. 

Gardening and Homestead
  • Finish deadheading roses
  • Cut back rhubarb and mulch with compost and sheep poo
  • Weeding!
Knitting, sewing and crafting
  • Finish back of Prelude jumper
  • Continue painting of dollhouse and furniture
  • Finalise design for knitted cardigan for granddaughter's birthday present
  • Sort out craft trunk
  • Finalise and start project for Stitchcraft October 1932
Household
  • Sort out boys' clothes for winter
  • Tinned foods inventory
I hope you are all keeping safe and well. We just need to take this one day at a time. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for sock yarn!

    Sounds like you had quite the productive week, even if you didn't get quite everything finished that was on your list. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sock yarn, although I must admit to not being much of a sock knitter. Most of my sock yarn ends up as shawls!

      Delete