Tuesday 3 March 2020

Time For A Knitting Update

As I haven't posted for so long, there has been lots of knitting going on!

I won't bore you with too many details - I will just include a few photos of some of my finished projects from the last year.







This cardigan isn't finished but oh, I love it! It is a free pattern on Ravelry, called Miyazaki Playlist Cardigan and the motifs are based on six Studio Ghibli movies by the Japanese director, Hayao Miyazaki.


You may recognise some of them.


Totoro
Soot sprites
It is a very fun knit. The colourwork is worked flat which I was attracted to as I am yet to try steeking. I really should not be scared of it! I have found a small project (a colourwork tea cosy with steeks for the handle and spout) so that it will not be so daunting and worrying if I mess it up.

And the project that is currently occupying my time is the Prelude jumper. This is a free vintage pattern, shared here by Subversive Femme during her Curvy Month. It is from about late 1930s to early 1940s. I am hoping that the rib will be very forgiving as I am not too sure on the sizing. I have a terrible tendency to make anything for me too big 'just to be sure'. We will see!



The yarn I am using is from one of my Banned Books Yarn Clubs from last year. It is based on Wuthering Heights. Someone requested I do a yarn for Wuthering Heights and I had to really dig to find an example of it being banned. But I did! 
The yarn is a BFL (Bluefaced Leicester) and Donegal nep sock yarn. I had a few skeins that I wasn't 100% happy with so I kept them for myself. And here they are - hopefully making a lovely jumper for me. I am doing the jumper all in one colour and of course the yarn isn't period correct. But I think it will look lovely.



Are you working on anything special at the moment?

Linking today with Frontier Dreams for Crafting On.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful knits you have been working on, Jayne. The little blue and white cardigan based on the Japanese Studio Ghibli movies is darling. 'Tis so very pretty. About the 'curvy' jumper.....it is lovely.....but I am not too sure that the model is very curvy. =) But then, as you say ribbing is very forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is always slightly off putting to see what they call a 'plus size' in a vintage pattern! This is included in curvy month as the sizing goes up to 38" bust. I wish I was the average size of most vintage patterns, 32-34"!

      Delete