Wednesday 25 March 2015

Yarn Along

Linking today with Small Things for Yarn Along.



Knitting has been a 2x2 rib baby vest that is the first knitting project of my new journey. I blogged about it here. So please join me every Sunday as I knit, sew, embroider and otherwise immerse myself in all things Stitchcraft.


Reading is Home Grown by Ben Hewitt.
I know lots of people have already read and blogged about this book on Yarn Along - in fact, that is where I first heard about it.
But what an amazing, fantastic, wonderful book! If I sat down and wrote out my whole philosophy on child rearing, education and life in general, it would have been pretty much word for word this exact book!
To be honest though, I do not know why I torture myself in this way. Since hubby decided the boys were to go to school, I still cannot stop myself reading homeschooling books as I am so totally committed to that education model. This book just reinforced everything I value and believe about how children should be raised and how families should live.
It is taking me a long time and is extraordinarily difficult to let go of what I thought my life would be. I know I have to, but boy, it is hard. I am finding other projects to fill my time and thoughts and try to cover up the pain of not having the boys here, but it is still only a Band-Aid solution. Especially when Whirlwind asks me every single night when I put him in bed, if he can be homeschooled again. It breaks my heart.

Anyway, I guess what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger and we have to just get on with life and all the other cliches you can think of!

Back to the knitting! I have actually got this far with the vest.



Cuddlepie wanted to know why there was a window in my knitting! That is the neck opening as the front and back are knitted in one piece, then folded in half and sewn on the side seams.

I am off now,heading up to the boys' school. Legoman's teacher is getting married over the Easter holidays, so the mums have arranged a wedding high tea as a send off for her. Love an excuse to decorate some cupcakes!





Legoman said I could make some 'girly' ones with hearts, only because it was a wedding theme. Normally I would never get away with cupcakes like that!

Have a lovely week - and hope to see you Sunday for Adventures In Stitchcraft!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jayne, I want to reach through my screen and give you a hug! I would feel the exact same in your shoes. I will pray today that you are able to have contentment in the things the day holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sarah, thank you! I don't like to air my grievances in my blog but sometimes it is hard to hide it away. I am praying that someday I will see God's plan behind this.

      Delete
  2. mmmm, cupcakes....Love your vest and the yarn you are using!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any day is a good day for cupcakes! I just wish I hadn't lost the label for that yarn - I have no idea at all what it is!

      Delete
  3. I'm in a similar position and it's breaking my heart. I feel your pain. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awful, isn't it? Just having to make school lunches can make me upset some days. Let's hope it gets better for both of us.

      Delete