Saturday 6 June 2020

A Pantry Challenge!

I must admit to be totally hooked on challenges of all kinds! Give me a reading, knitting, gardening, anything at all, challenge and I will be there!

I love my reading challenge group over on LibraryThing - well, I am on more than one group over there. It is free to join in as LibraryThing very generously made all their services free to all in the last little while. I actually started over there as a place to catalogue all my books and then I discovered the Groups tab. Lots of fun reading chats and needless to say, my TBR list is growing all the time!



And of course I have my own challenge going on, with Adventures In Stitchcraft. I am enjoying looking through all my gorgeous Stitchcraft magazines to find projects to make. And all the advertisements and recipes pages are fun. You can look at the projects to date here


I just found a new challenge to jump into, and it looks relatively simple so I should be able to keep up! 
A Working Pantry is having a Working Pantry Boot Camp and Assigment 1 was posted yesterday. 
The first assignment is to add something green to your pantry. Your pantry can also include your freezer or anywhere else you store foods. 

Now I do not actually have a pantry! Our house is small and the kitchen is too small to have a pantry. Instead I have two of those white flatpacked cupboards in the dining room. I also use one of the kitchen cabinets for food. There is a chest freezer in the outside laundry. One day I dream of having a walk-in pantry, or even a pantry of any sort! 

One day!

My green plan will be to add six packets of frozen peas to the freezer. 

I have never grown enough peas to have any to freeze - we just tend to eat them fresh as we harvest them. 

These crazy times have certainly solidified my belief in having a well-stocked pantry. Although the supermarkets were open the whole time, I found I did not really want to visit them. 
The purpose of the boot camp is to focus on preparing a well-stocked pantry one step at a time. Lots of little steps add up!

Do you have a pantry? What are the most important items you like to always have on hand? 


6 comments:

  1. Inspiring! Even though we don't have pantries, we can still organize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just takes a little bit more lateral thinking! Although it would be lovely to have a dedicated space.

      Delete
  2. I thought you were showing a picture of your pantry before I finished reading and I was all "WoW! What an amazing space!" :) Someday........ ;)

    The green peas will make a perfect addition to your freezer pantry.

    Tortilla chips, cheese, and canned beans {chili, black, kidney} are three pantry staples for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - one day! It would certainly be wonderful to have such a space. I definitely have to try and use beans more. I love them but the rest of the family not so much!

      Delete
  3. Love the color of your knitting! I love pantries:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit to being up and down about the colour. Sometimes I think it might be too 'little girly' and I should have chosen a more dusty rose. But I do love pink so I'm sure it will be fine. I love looking at pantry pictures and planning my one day pantry!

      Delete