Friday 19 June 2020

Homemaking This Week Was . . . . . .

Obviously, we must begin with a cute granddaugter photo. I cannot wait to see them again! I love how little Willow has her Rosie the Riveter look going on! That turban is too cute! 


The new, very loose schedule is working well. It has been particularly helpful to give myself a blogging limit as I can very easily get lost down the rabbit hole and spends WAY too long looking at blogs. I want to see them all!

The morning tea projects is also working well. I finished one of the projects from last week, the Waiting For Winter beanie. 


My daughter chose this fur pom pom to top it off. It came from Lovely Loops Designs on Etsy. You can get any colour of pom pom here!

This week's three projects are now:


2. With Angora Tie jumper - from my Adventures In Stitchcraft project

3. And adding in the Naptime Doll. This pattern is in a cute book I own called Knitted Toys by Tatyana Korobkova. This book has so many adorable patterns. I want to knit them all, just to sit them on my bookshelves!


The Big Project of cleaning out and organising the pantry was not completed this week. Terrible failing on my part as I had  the time blocked out for it. I used all the allocated time but still didn't get it done! It will certainly be organised by next week.

My one recipe a week this week was from Chicken and Egg. I made Warm Village Salad. It was easy and delicious! Not very challenging, I admit, but hey, I need some quick and simple recipes that everyone will like.


I love these multicoloured cherry tomatoes. I want to plan to grow a few different varieties next summer to have my own!





The pantry assignment this week from A Working Pantry's boot camp was to make at least one meal that can be frozen for future consumption. I do normally do this but at the moment my freezer is overflowing! We received lamb from two different farmer friends recently and now there is a lot of lamb in the freezer! But every week I make some spaghetti sauce to freeze for the next week, so in that went. I will often make pizza bases to freeze too. 

How has your homemaking week gone? 



8 comments:

  1. Your granddaughters are so adorable, your crafts beautiful and that salad looks amazing! Sounds like a great week for you. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It didn't seem like I got too much done but it was a good week anyway!

      Delete
  2. the grandchildren are adorable and that is a cute photo!! after i catch up on the internet, I want to finish reading a book and I have to come up with something to eat for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandaughters are adorable, Jayne. The pom pom on your daughter's beanie is adorable. Love the cable pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope to see my girls again soon. Although recent events may delay that again.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I so enjoyed the glimpse into your week, Jayne! Your little granddaughters are too precious! Aww, how excited you must be to see them again! My, but you have been industrious! Love all the projects you have on the go!
    Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not be able to see them soon now as we have had to retighten restrictions due to an increase in COVID cases. My knitting projects do keep me going!

      Delete