Wednesday 3 June 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


This is a new linkup for me but it looks like lots of fun! And I have always loved the word hodgepodge. Like shenanigans and similar words, they just sound fun!

This is a link up with Joyce at This Side of the Pond. There are five questions to answer and then a number six for your own random thought.

So here are this week's questions!  

1. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?

I definitely always feel more peaceful when I am crafting. I have lots of knitting projects on the go (I know, I want to be a more organised, monogamous knitter, but I just can't!) So I will pick up some knitting this evening and am planning to rewatch the 1968 Zeffirelli movie version of Romeo and Juliet. It is just stunning and the music is divine.



2. June 2nd is National Rotisserie Chicken Day. Who knew? Are you a fan of rotisserie chicken? You've purchased one at your local market for tonight's dinner. Will you serve as is or make something else using the chicken?

I do love rotisserie chicken. When the boys are all playing basketball on the same night so we have a few games, it is super easy to dash into the supermarket on the way home (if they have any left - that is always a risk!). Sometimes we will eat as is with a salad and chips. But I like to use them in wraps with all the fillings. Very quick and easy to prepare and always a favourite with the family.

3. I read a list recently of 20 of the most beautiful places in America (here is the list). How any of these have you seen up close and in person? Of the sites on this list that you haven't seen, which would you most like to see?

Well, this is an easy one for me as I have never visited America! But of the spots on the list, I would really love to visit Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. I love mountains, lakes, rivers and wide open spaces so it looks perfect to me.

4. What's one pretty spot you'd add to the list in question 3? Are there travel plans of any kind on your calendar right now? Does that make you happy, anxious, excited, sad or relieved?

I will have to add a spot which I haven't visited in a very long time, since before the fires in 2009 destroyed nearly the whole town of Marysville. We were looking at moving to Marysville in 2007 but moved to Hamilton instead. I absolutely love Steavensons Falls and of course, I love the mountains and the snow. 



We have no particular plans to travel at the moment, although we live away from my daughters, granddaughters and parents. So trips to visit family would be the only plans we would make.
Australians are being encouraged to travel and visit regional areas again. We live in a small country town that was relatively unaffected so I must admit that the idea of travelling to the city does not make me feel good. I don't like the city at the best of times so I am quite happy to stay put for the moment.

5. Tell us one un-COVID related thing you're looking forward to in the month of June.

This probably sounds weird, given that the boys have been home for ages and only went back to school two days ago, but I am looking forward to school holidays starting on 19th June! It has been very quiet here the last two days!

6. Hmmm, my random thought! 

This is actually quite hard - to think up something with no structure or guidelines to follow.

But this is what I am thinking about the most.

Black lives matter - everywhere.



20 comments:

  1. Hi, and thanks for stopping at my blog.
    I enjoyed my visit here. I'm surprised you are back in school there, none were opened here and now they are out for the summer. I know that I always enjoyed the breaks too because the house was too quiet without them. :)
    I like Rotisserie chicken too and I think I need to get some again.
    Steavensons Falls is beautiful.
    I've also been thinking on the same thought as you, and have been so saddened by recent events here. Black lives do matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I think they may have gone back to school just for a short time to sort out what the routines will be before breaking again for holidays. Then they can start back after holidays all organised and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you today at the Hodgepodge :) It is nice to hear schools have reopened somewhere. I don't like the city either and am quite happy to never have to travel there. Glad your boys will be on school break soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I only just found the Hodgepodge today and thought it looked like fun. I'll be back next week!

      Delete
  4. Good morning, TTC! Sp happy to meet a new blogger I appreciate uyour visits to my blog(On Wings of Eagles) and I enjoyed my visit with you today!The romeo and Juliet movie first came out in 1969 I believe.. my first year of college.. I lvoed it so I saw it probably 5 times at the theater. MY wedding dress was a Juliet design with long sleeves that puffed out from above the elbow down to the wrist.Very medieval. My cap was,too I loved it! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how beautiful! I would love to see your wedding dress, what a special memory.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your visit this morning. Australia!!! Wow! That's a place we never made it to. I did love that version of Romeo and Juliet the very best. It was beautiful. I recently re-watched Doctor Zhivago, one of my favorites. The Grand Tetons are indeed beautiful. Not too far from them is Yellowstone and Glacier Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Doctor Zhivago as well - I too recently rewatched it. I am doing that a lot at the moment, as I'm sure many others are too. It is a comfort to watch old favourites and knit.

      Delete
  6. Fun linkup! I enjoyed reading your answers and yes, hodgepodge and shenanigans are great words. That waterfall is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a particular love of waterfalls. I could stand and watch them for hours - everyone has to hurry me along!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the HP. We have a good time each Wed. I have started crocheting again with the isolation and have so enjoyed it. Hoping you get to see your family sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome! I have downloaded a learn to crochet book as I have always wanted to do granny squares. I really hope to get around to it soon. All I can make is a crochet chain!

      Delete
  8. That which we call a rose ... I love the Zeffirelli version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly beautiful. I can watch it over and over.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed the questions and your answers. It's nice to contemplate visiting all those places. I can't really imagine travelling anytime soon. At last we can meet in groups of 6 social distancing but only outside, which rules of lots of places. Hopefully, we will get back to normal soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would feel comfortable travelling at the moment, even though we are allowed to do limited travel. I would rather wait a while. We can meet in groups of up to 20 at the moment as long as social distancing is maintained.

      Delete
  10. Those falls look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love waterfalls and we have lots of lovely ones near us. When the rains set in, I'll post some photos of the ones that are near my house.

      Delete
  11. Hello. Thank you for your visit to my hodgepodge. It was nice to come visit here. We live in the country, too, and our little corner has not been affected by COVID like many of the big cities. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That version of Romeo and Juliet is lovely. When we studied it in 9th grade they showed it to us in school and it was a HUGE deal because of the nudity. We had to get our parents' permission to watch it. How times have changed.

    Beautiful falls. I would love to see those...and Australia in general. We sent our daughter as a student with People to People 10 years ago. She was there for 3 weeks and got to do so much. I will probably never get there, but am glad we could give her that.

    ReplyDelete