Wednesday 10 June 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


This is a link up with Joyce at This Side of the Pond. There are five questions to answer and then a number six for your own random thought.

So here are this week's questions

1. Last thing you said yes to? Do you regret it?

This weekend was a long weekend for us - Queen's Birthday. I let the boys have extra time on the XBox. Do I regret it? Yes! I wish the XBox had never entered our house!

2. No big deal, no contest, no dice, no hard feelings, no ifs ands or buts, no kidding, no offence, no pain no gain, no way - - - - - choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.

No way do I want to go back to the life I had before COVID. I need to work on altering the aspects of my life that I am not content with but I guess this will be no pain, no gain! It won't be easy, it won't be fun, but it will be worth it. 

3. Thursday June 11th is National Making Life Beautiful Day. In this strange season, how are you adding beauty to your days/life?

I love growing flowers so I try to have flowers from the garden in the house. It is always such a joy to arrange them and see them make the house look prettier. 







And now, looking back over some of my previous flower growing experiences, I am even more determined to grow more than ever when spring arrives! 

4. According to an article found here, these six foods taste better in June than at any other time of the year - strawberries, asparagus, peas, peaches, beets and garlic. How many of these have you tasted so far this month? Anything on the list that you'd say 'no, thank you' to trying? Rearrange the list starting with your favourite (1) to your least favourite (6).

Well, I live in Australia so northern hemisphere June would be my December. So I will just cast my mind back six months!
I love all those foods. I grow garlic, beets and peas and we have a glorious peach tree that produces juicy peaches that are enormous. James and the Giant Peach, eat your heart out! We do still have them all in the shops, except for peaches, but I really do not understand why. The winter strawberries are just awful - mainly white flesh with just an outside red colouring. And they taste of nothing. 

In order from most to least favourite, I would say:

  1. Asparagus
  2. Peaches
  3. Peas
  4. Strawberries
  5. Garlic
  6. Beets
5. Describe your current mood in three words.

Frustrated, weary but hopeful

6. Your own random thought.

I love the embroidery designs that Jenny makes. On her website, Elefantz, she has so many gorgeous designs. There is also a fabulous free patterns page
My random thought comes from one of Jenny's designs.


Have a lovely week! 

26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am finding it too easy to slip into negativity at the moment so have to talk myself around!

      Delete
  2. Your florals are sooo pretty! They definitely add beauty to your life, your home, and those of us with whom you share them. I, too, am a fan of Jenny of Elefantz, although cross stitch is my favorite needle hobby.

    Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten how many flowers I had grown in previous years until I looked at these photos. They just bring such joy. I love cross stitch as well. I really need to get out some of my unfinished ones from years ago - never enough time!

      Delete
  3. I can understand how you feel about the XBox. I swore there would be no video games when my kids were younger, but I caved when our son turned 13 or 14 and it was instant addiction that I battled until he left home. He's 33 now and it's still something he can totally zone out on. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the bane of my existence! I seem to spend too much time talking about it. It is definitely addictive. They have got better now I have installed a mum-run timer on there, so it just warns them they have five minutes left and then turns off. Solves a few of the problems - although they often beg for more time!

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful flowers and I love the colors in the embroidery design.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will definitely have to grow more flowers. Although I didn't get any ranuncula bulbs this year. With COVID, everyone started gardening and all my usual sources were sold out before I could get any!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :)
    Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I just hope I can grow some beautiful ones this year as well!

      Delete
  7. I so agree with you about fresh flowers. They are a day brightener for sure. Best of luck in your efforts to reprioritize post Covid times. Definitely has given me pause too. Thanks for joining in today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this whole time has been a wake up call that I think we all need to heed. Rather than aimlessly going back to the way we were, we need to consciously think of how we want our world to be. It will never be perfect but I'm sure we can do better!

      Delete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful. I hear you on the Xbox and all the video games and iPads and so forth. It's insane. We didn't need that stuff as kids to have fun. Our grandkids do get out and do sports, swim, and so forth - they love being outside. But inside, they are glued to the electronics. I confess that I am guilty myself for reading so much on the iPad, but I don't play any games! Maybe Facebook is a game, hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a dilemma with the electronics. During isolation, they wanted to be on them so they could talk to their friends. But there is certainly too much time spent on them. I just wish it wasn't the first thing they chose in their free time!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers! The sunflowers (my favorite) are especially stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunflowers and daffodils are my favourite - as yellow is my favourite colour. They just cheer you up!

      Delete
  10. What beautiful flowers. Your yard must be a show place. Love the sweet embroidery piece. I did embroidery as a child but did counted cross-stitch as a young woman. The eyes wouldn't permit any of that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't be looking at my garden at the moment! Or I would just have to selectively photograph sections. It was good to look back at my old photos to remind me of what it used to be, so I can aim to get it back. The weeds have taken over some of it!

      Delete
  11. Your flowers are beautiful and you are very talented at arranging them.
    That list of food all looks good, but asparagus would be at the bottom of my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people seemed to put asparagus down the end of the list! So unfortunately would most of my family. But they haven't tasted the frsh stuff yet. Just waiting for my crowns to be old enough to harvest.
      I do love flowers and arranging them. Not much happening at the moment as it is winter, although I do have proteas and grevilleas. The wattle will also be flowering soon.

      Delete
  12. Hello Jayne,
    So lovely to "meet" you! Thank you for your sweet visit and comment on my blog...I am now following you back! Oh, your flowers are so beautiful...my mom and I have always wanted a big flower garden and be able to go outside and pick bunches of gorgeous blooms for the house and to bless friends with!
    Have a blessed, peaceful day!
    ~ Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is lovely to have lots of flowers - I want to grow all the types!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for stopping over at my blog. I put you in my Feedly account. I appreciated your comment. You are a no-reply so I couldn't respond back. I like your answer for #2. The flowers are so beautiful. I see you like asparagus as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Number 2 has been on my mind for a while - I am not entirely sure how I will approach change but it is important to me. I do love asparagus. I am hoping to get some of my own this year.

      Delete