Wednesday 17 June 2020

Unraveled Wednesday





Joining in today with As Kat Knits for Unraveled Wednesday.

Humans are certainly making my head hurt at the moment. So I am focusing on home, family, books and knitting while still reading enough news to remain informed. It is a fine line between wanting to know what is going on and seeing and hearing so much that it is simply overwhelming. 



I have finished my second Waiting For Winter beanie, a free pattern on Ravelry. The pompom isn't attached yet as I have not blocked it. I had to take a quick picture to send to my daughter so she could chose the topping she would like! 


With Angora Tie is coming along nicely. The front and back are finished and I am working on the first sleeve. The sleeves have 9" of rib! The rib comes almost to the elbows. This is not something I have seen before. 
Looking forward to finishing so I can see how it all comes together. And so I can move onto the November 1932 issue of Stitchcraft!

As I have finished my beanie, I can rotate in another project to make up my three (the leg warmers is the third) that I am working on. I am very tempted to start Denise, after seeing Bex's gorgeous version. Or should I choose something smaller and thus quicker to complete? Or should I do the right thing and pull out one of my WIPs? Probably the last is what I SHOULD do!

Last week, I completely forgot to mention my reading! Obviously I was too excited about yarn!

Still reading the same books as earlier in the week:

Tell Me Why by Archie Roach


Shipwrecks by Akira Yoshimura


I need to fit in more reading as I am getting behind in some of my reading challenges! 
And Book Roast's Mini Magical Readathon: Visit Hogsmeade is starting next week! You can see what this is all about here. We completed OWLs in April and will be studying for NEWTs in August. If you are a Harry Potter fan, it is lots of fun to participate in these reading challenges as SO much work is put into all the printables that come with the readathon, including a 20+ pages wizarding careers guidebook It such fun to read through all the careers and the subjects you need to 'study' to pass them. Check out all the information on the Magical Readathon here
I am yet to decide the wizarding career I would like to pursue. I'll decide when NEWTs come around!



The Visit Hogsmeade readathon runs from 22-28 June. I have already set aside some books for the categories. The only rule is you must read prompt 1 (the Marauder's Map) first as this is your entry into Hogsmeade. Then you can visit the shops in whichever order you like! 

Prompt 1 is read a book with a map. I read a lot of fantasy and historical fiction, either of which will often have a map. So no problems here!

Then I just have my regular year long challenges. Better get reading!!

Do you like reading challenges? Do you have any favourites that you participate in every year?




6 comments:

  1. I love yarn and books as well (of course all the knitting). your hat is beautiful and I love the pom pom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope my daughter likes it (and it fits properly!). I am posting it off tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. yarn and books make me happy too! I really love that hat you made and the pom pom looks nice your top is coming along nicely too. It sounds fun participating in the reading challenges and probably motivating to read more too. Maybe I would like to learn about the ones that are out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many reading challenges around. I am a member of LibraryThing, which is free to join. In the Groups tab, there are hundreds of groups - a reading challenge to suit every genre! I am in the 2020 Category Challenge which sets some monthly challenges and a BINGO card and then you can devise your own reading categories as well. It is basically choose your own adventure - participate in whichever ones you want to. I get SO many book bullets from there that I will never be able to read them all!

      Delete
  3. Jayne, I'm glad yarn makes you happy because you sure know what to do with it!! Your creations are beautiful! That pink/melon yarn is a gorgeous color.

    As for the changes with Blogger, I poked around to see what it's all about and learned they are introducing some of the changes to bloggers now in anticipation of moving everybody over to the new formatting later in the summer (late July, I think they said). You will probably see changes between now and then. But until you do, I'd not worry about it. Let it come to you instead of you going to it, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have noticed some changes on Blogger but nothing too major. So I am not sure if more is coming! I agree, I will just wait and see what happens.

      Delete