Tuesday 2 June 2020

In My Etsy Shop

I need to get some more dyeing done. The shop is looking a bit empty as orders have increased lately, I assume as a result of these crazy times. I know I have been enjoying my knitting during isolation. 

The June Mystery Yarn Club is now in the shop which will be based on Little Red Riding Hood. I have an idea for the colour in my head - just need to see if I like it on the yarn! 

This was the club yarn sent out in April which was based on The Little Mermaid.



I so enjoy putting these clubs together. I especially love the research as I include an A4 page with each club about the book/fairy tale. With the fairy tales club, I have been including a list of fairy tale retellings as I really love reading novels based on fairy tales. 

Recent reads for me have been The Surface Breaks by Louise O'Neill (The Little Mermaid) and Beauty by Robin McKinley (Beauty and the Beast). They were both very enjoyable. I also have another Little Mermaid one (The Mermaid's Daughter by Ann Claycomb) and another Beauty and the Beast retelling (The Beast's Garden by Kate Forsyth) lined up to read. My bedside waiting to read pile is rather a tottering pile which threatens to collapse on me in my sleep!

I will be looking for Little Red Riding Hood retellings next, so if anyone knows of any good ones please let me know in the comments. 

I won't share a photo of the May club as they have not all arrived at their destinations yet and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for anyone! It was Beauty and the Beast for the May club (as you can probably tell!)




4 comments:

  1. It is wonderful your yarns are 'flying out the door', Jayne. Your monthly clubs do sound and look fabulous. Is that some tea I see included in your package? How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, two teas are included in each month's club that are matched (as much as I can!) to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful yarn!! I bet when the mail arrives you have many many happy recipients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been so surprised and grateful for the lovely reviews I have been getting. It is certainly wonderful to be able to do something that brings me such joy. Not exactly making a living from it (yet!) but it certainly helps.

      Delete